How to locate the crash dump file

Slimjet bug reports
flashpeak
Site Admin

How to locate the crash dump file

Post by flashpeak »

If you run into a crash of Slimjet, please follow these steps to locate the crash dump file and send it to us for debugging

1. Type chrome://open_profile_folder into the omnibox and press enter to open the profile folder in Windows Explorer. Then switch into the "Crash Reports" sub-folder. Alternatively, you can press Windows Key+R to open the Windows run dialog, paste the following path into the run dialog: "%appdata%\..\local\slimjet\User Data\Crash Reports" and then press Enter.
2. You will see one or more *.dmp files under this folder. If it's a crash of the entire browser, the dump file will be named browser_xx.dmp. If it's a crash of the tab only, the dump file will be named render_xx.dmp. Send the most recent one to us via the menu "Help Center->Online Feedback".
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

swanpaul

Re: How to locate the crash dump file

Post by swanpaul »

already discussed here see my thread viewtopic.php?t=3494

I hope that the dev's wake up from their torpor and try to contain the flaw :roll:
OS win 11 x64
Slimjet 43.0.5.0 x64
Native ad-blocker enabled

oftentired

Re: How to locate the crash dump file

Post by oftentired »

This browser is a personal project, not a main income earner. The developer has a list of things to work on that he maintains. Items go on the list in an order that is based on his decision of how important they are. The list evolves and changes over time. He works down the list as time permits. Things like updating to the next viable chromium engine tend to be at the top of the list. Problems that impact a significant number of users, such as problems with the Youtube download video feature, tend to bump an issue up the list.

I do know that he appreciates posts on this forum as they bring his attention to problems. I also know that tagging a reply, that is somewhat off topic, onto this existing rather old Topic, isn't likely to get this issue moved up the to do list.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

64 Bit SJ on Win 11