Password store

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
pjpw2320

Password store

Post by pjpw2320 »

Where does Slimjet store passwords entered for websites which require a login?
Peter Wills

josegimcam

Re: Password store

Post by josegimcam »

Settings, passwords and forms, manage passwords

pjpw2320

Post by pjpw2320 »

josegimcam wrote:Settings, passwords and forms, manage passwords
Thank you. If I untick the option "offer to save your web passwords" am I correct in assuming that passwords will not be saved at all? In other words, to have Slimjet save passwords there is no option to enable it do so automatically and I have to check this option and then accept the popup offer to save?
Peter Wills

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Neither the Quickfill or the default password manager (comes with the underlying browser engine used by Slimjet) will save passwords without your direct action. For me the Quickfill Icon seems easier to use than the popup for the default password manager.

some light reading

Slimjet online help information regarding Quickfill

Chrome Help Password Manager
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

I´ve not tried to untick the option "offer to save your web passwords" but I think that if you do untick it slimjet wil not offer to save passwords and so these will not be saved.
Also, there is a topic called How to save pw when I have >1 account number/username? that will serve for further reading.

pjpw2320

Post by pjpw2320 »

oftentired wrote:Neither the Quickfill or the default password manager (comes with the underlying browser engine used by Slimjet) will save passwords without your direct action. For me the Quickfill Icon seems easier to use than the popup for the default password manager.

some light reading

Slimjet online help information regarding Quickfill

Chrome Help Password Manager
Thank you. :)
Peter Wills

pjpw2320

Post by pjpw2320 »

josegimcam wrote:I´ve not tried to untick the option "offer to save your web passwords" but I think that if you do untick it slimjet wil not offer to save passwords and so these will not be saved.
Also, there is a topic called How to save pw when I have >1 account number/username? that will serve for further reading.
Thank you. :)
Peter Wills