Speedtest & Pingtest

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
bibarnes

Speedtest & Pingtest

Post by bibarnes »

I have a bad ISP (TELMEX). Be that as it may. I check speed and performance daily and record it for proof. Speedtest.net will not load anymore and Pingtest can't do a packet test because of a Java issue. Anyone else having these problems and maybe solved them. BTW they both work in SlimBrowser

Slight change in subject; APPS, I have had zero luck in downloading any APP due to Googles insistence that I have a Google account. I had one a long time ago and was inundated with Spam. It's like Facebook. They want to know everything but your shoe size.

dev

Re: Speedtest & Pingtest

Post by dev »

Try white listing the site in the inbuilt adblocker if used

bibarnes

Post by bibarnes »

My main concern is Speedtest and Pingtest by Ookla. It is the only reliable ammunition I have with Telmex that they are not delivering what they are charging for. If you haven't used PINGTEST.NET you should try it. It gives a much better picture than just speed. The jitter figure is the one that tells the story along with the packet test.

The other is just my bias against Google. I just flat out don't like them. I had Gmail for about 6 months and hated it. Took a year to finally stop getting spam from Google related sites. They hand out email addresses like beads at Mardis Gras and you don't have to lift your shirt.

dev

Post by dev »

Did you try what i suggested ?

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Both sites load fine for me. I have to enable Java plugin manually on pingtest site.
bibarnes wrote:I have a bad ISP (TELMEX). Be that as it may. I check speed and performance daily and record it for proof. Speedtest.net will not load anymore and Pingtest can't do a packet test because of a Java issue. Anyone else having these problems and maybe solved them. BTW they both work in SlimBrowser

Slight change in subject; APPS, I have had zero luck in downloading any APP due to Googles insistence that I have a Google account. I had one a long time ago and was inundated with Spam. It's like Facebook. They want to know everything but your shoe size.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.