Slimjet 32-bit vs 64-bit

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
SmartCheetah

Slimjet 32-bit vs 64-bit

Post by SmartCheetah »

Hello!

First of all, congrats for probably the best browser I had occasion to use since Opera 12. I gave it some testing and chose your browser over Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox and Palemoon.

Back on topic - on the download page there is a note that 32-bit version is recommended for both Windows 32 and 64 bit. I've downloaded 64 bit Slimjet for my Windows 8.1 64-bit but I'm not sure whether it was an optimal choice. Why is the 32-bit version recommended? I always thought that 64-bit browsers are generally more stable and can be faster than 32-ones, at the cost of higher memory usage.

oftentired

Re: Slimjet 32-bit vs 64-bit

Post by oftentired »

Developer Blog when 64 bit was released discussing the pro's and con's

http://www.slimjet.com/blog/slimjet-64- ... tal-build/
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

SmartCheetah

Re: Slimjet 32-bit vs 64-bit

Post by SmartCheetah »

Nice, thank you.

So I'm getting an increase in speed, security and stability - at least in theory - at the cost of higher memory usage and incompatibility of some plugins. Since all the plugins I wanted to have work and, thanks to The Great Suspender extension, memory usage is always low, I'm staying with 64-bit Slimjet.