Slimjet stops writing!

Slimjet bug reports
erik.kierski

Slimjet stops writing!

Post by erik.kierski »

Hello everyone!

I'm using the linux version of Slimjet on Lubuntu, and I browse web pages very well. But suddenly the browser stops writing, and I have to restart it to "solve" the problem. Can anyone help me? I don't want to use another browser! Thanks! ;)

oftentired

Re: Slimjet stops writing!

Post by oftentired »

I'm experiencing this same problem for a few versions now. Bumping this thread to show the age of the issue for a version reference. I've hesitated to report it as this is my older backup laptop and I have to do a complete no power laptop system boot now and again to restore the mobo drivers to a functioning status and I thought it was an issue with my laptop. However, while moderating older bug reports I ran across this one.

this is descriptive of what happens:

I get the focus to a text entry area and the keyboard input is refused by the browser. I have to jockey around placing the focus elsewhere and back a couple times, maybe even refresh the page before it accepts text again. On some occasions I've had to restart the browser. Once I had to restart the whole system.

I'll start making a list of webpages where this happens:
  • • GMAIL composition window
    • Slimjet Forum Subject text entry bar when editing post subject
Slimjet 48.0.2564.97 (Developer Build) (32-bit)
Revision 0
OS Windows
Blink 537.36 (@0)
JavaScript V8 4.8.271.17
Flash 21.0.0.182
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/48.0.2564.97 Safari/537.36
Command Line "C:\Program Files\Slimjet\slimjet.exe" --flag-switches-begin --enable-tab-audio-muting --flag-switches-end
Executable Path C:\Program Files\Slimjet\slimjet.exe
Profile Path C:\Users\Standard User\AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\Default
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11