Sidebar Bookmark Highlighting

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
kstev999

Sidebar Bookmark Highlighting

Post by kstev999 »

As primarily a Firefox user, I was excited to see that Slimjet actually had a workable Bookmarks Sidebar similar to Firefox. This is something that has kept me away from Chrome browsers and a feature that users have been asking for years .
So far I am really liking both the speed and how light this browser is!

Minor Annoyance: I did notice however that you cannot manually arrange the bookmarks order without visiting the Bookmarks manager, but that works okay I guess.

The question that I have concerns the highlighting of the CLICKED bookmark. I use Windows dark theme and the sidebar is also dark. The color of the HOVERED bookmark is acceptable and is distinguishable from the black background but once clicked it seems to lose focus and the light gray shading disappears. Does anyone know of a way for the clicked sidebar bookmark to display a different highlight than the background so that I can actually see where I am in a list of bookmarks? I know that when I have had this problem with Firefox I simply edit the userchrome.ini file to customize about everything in the browser. Is there a similar workaround for Slimjet, extension or whatever? I have tried several themes and none of them seem to affect the sidebar, only the main body.

Slimjet 42.0.1.0
Windows 11 (x64-Insider)
Intel I7 11700k
RTX3080