Video downloader always failed to merge video and audio data

Slimjet bug reports
Papabear502

Re: Video downloader always failed to merge video and audio data

Post by Papabear502 »

I'll have to give the 4K Video Downloader a try, thanks for that suggestion.

I like Slimjet and I've used it for many years now, and admittedly, one of the reasons why I like it is the ability to easily download Youtube videos. Now that that option has been taken away from us, I don't plan on changing my browser any time soon. Slimjet is easy to use and the user interface and settings are easy to use as well. Let's hope Youtube stops their gestapo tactics in trying to take away our ability to control what we can do with our PCs.

AllanHigdon

Post by AllanHigdon »

Papabear502 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:38 pm
Another one that you might like to try is TVDownloader (aka YoutubeVideoDownloader). It's what I use.
https://www.videohelp.com/software/Yout ... Downloader

Papabear502

Post by Papabear502 »

AllanHigdon wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:26 am
Papabear502 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:38 pm
Another one that you might like to try is TVDownloader (aka YoutubeVideoDownloader). It's what I use.
https://www.videohelp.com/software/Yout ... Downloader
I already purchased the 4K downloader but I'll keep this discussion bookmarked and if it doesn't work (which so far it does) I'll give yours a shot. Thanks to all for your input here. Let's hope a fix/update is forthcoming from Slimjet that will solve this issue, though it's not their fault this has happened.

MiqW7394

Post by MiqW7394 »

I rather think you'll find that the current issue is caused by the guy who compiles the ffmpeg libraries that SlimJet users get directed to. ATM, he's a few versions behind.....and we all know what happens when the libffmpeg doesn't match the version of Chromium in use.

(*shrug*)

Mike. ;)

davebrown

Post by davebrown »

I will continue to try downloading via Slimjet, I did report the issue btw --until it works again, do you recommend another method?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Please note Beta 40.0 is indicating in the What's New section that this issue has been resolved.
(Chromium 114)

Add hourly weather forecast information to the drop down menu of weather toolbar button.
Fix youtube video download issue.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

oftentired wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:12 pm
Please note Beta 40.0 is indicating in the What's New section that this issue has been resolved.
(Chromium 114)

Add hourly weather forecast information to the drop down menu of weather toolbar button.
Fix youtube video download issue.

v.40 seems to be working...

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

...but it didn't really. I tried to download an audiobook to MP4 and it only downloaded part of it to MP4 and the whole book to .acc. The two downloaders mentioned on this thread work much better and faster.

Papabear502

Post by Papabear502 »

Well schnitzle. I guess we wait and see if 40.0 fixes the problem, but for those of us who still use Windows 7, that ain't gonna be much help unless they also fix the last available version of Slimjet for Windows 7 also.

Papabear502

Post by Papabear502 »

I downloaded the updated 40.0.0. version and it downloads videos, but reallllllllllllllllly slow. I don't see a fix for Windows 7/8 users so I guess I'm relegated to continue using 4K Video Download, but that's ok, it's faster anyway. Anyone having success with 40.0.0.0?