Feature suggest : Move the translation by selection to the side panel

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Mr_Electro84

Feature suggest : Move the translation by selection to the side panel

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Hello,

I propose a feature that could correct the current problems of the "translation by selection" function!

Currently, this function consists in modifying the page of the web site in order to make appear the result of the translation

Problem, in some cases this window does not work correctly, for example on some sites https://imgur.com/a/o8ZHEZd One time the result is not displayed, one time the window is impossible to close, one time the window is displayed in any way

So to solve this problem, I thought of moving the translation by selection to the side panel, so there's no problem of the window not displaying the result or being impossible to close etc... since the translation is displayed on a module independent from the web page

I would like to have your opinion on this, I will suggest this idea to the developer
Mr_Electro84 - From France

Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)

AllanHigdon

Re: Feature suggest : Move the translation by selection to the side panel

Post by AllanHigdon »

Mr_Electro84 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:00 am
Hello,

I propose a feature that could correct the current problems of the "translation by selection" function!

Currently, this function consists in modifying the page of the web site in order to make appear the result of the translation

Problem, in some cases this window does not work correctly, for example on some sites https://imgur.com/a/o8ZHEZd One time the result is not displayed, one time the window is impossible to close, one time the window is displayed in any way

So to solve this problem, I thought of moving the translation by selection to the side panel, so there's no problem of the window not displaying the result or being impossible to close etc... since the translation is displayed on a module independent from the web page

I would like to have your opinion on this, I will suggest this idea to the developer
Sounds fine to me. Since I began using Vivaldi over a year ago, there's been a choice of displaying the translation of selected text either in a pop-up dialog or in the Panel.
https://help.vivaldi.com/desktop/panels ... a_web_page

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I've noticed sometimes using the translator on another popup, it will be hidden under it and useless. So, side panel translation gets my vote.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Proposal submitted to the developer

Stay tuned
Mr_Electro84 - From France

Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)