Cookie Settings Problem

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
AllanHigdon

Cookie Settings Problem

Post by AllanHigdon »

I am using Slimjet 39.0.1.0 with Windows 10.
In the past, I have set up the cookie settings so that all cookies are allowed.
I clear all cookies and site data when I exit Slimjet except for the sites that I add.
There should be around 20 sites that have been added.
With the cookie settings in this version, I don't see any list of "Sites that can always use cookies", as there is with Vivaldi.
The only setting for exceptions is "Sites allowed to use third-party cookies" and that list is empty.
Have the cookie settings changed?
How do I see the exception list for cookies that I've set up in the past?

oftentired

Re: Cookie Settings Problem

Post by oftentired »

I'm not sure if this is it as I don't use it.

Open Settings and search for "site settings"
then open the yellow indicated "site settings"
then it gets a bit crazy
But I notice down at the very bottom
Open Additional Site Settings
Again at the very bottom
On Device Site Data
there is a list of sites Allowed to save data on your device
perhaps that is the list of allowed cookies now? enhanced to cover all types of data so you can allow the cookies but elsewhere in this same area of settings you can limit what data is allowed
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

AllanHigdon

Post by AllanHigdon »

oftentired wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:43 am
I'm not sure if this is it as I don't use it.

Open Settings and search for "site settings"
then open the yellow indicated "site settings"
then it gets a bit crazy
But I notice down at the very bottom
Open Additional Site Settings
Again at the very bottom
On Device Site Data
there is a list of sites Allowed to save data on your device
perhaps that is the list of allowed cookies now? enhanced to cover all types of data so you can allow the cookies but elsewhere in this same area of settings you can limit what data is allowed
Thanks. That's what I needed.
Now I need to go to chrome://settings/content/siteData
I'm almost sure the settings to delete the cookies and site data, as well as the list of exceptions, used to be at
chrome://settings/cookies
Now that is only used for Third-party cookie settings.
Thanks again. :)

whdmike3000

Post by whdmike3000 »

It is unusual that Slimjet doesn't have an option to keep certain cookies. I use Chrome extensions for GPT and Bard and they require cookies to be kept otherwise I have to log in every time I open the browser.

There is an option in the preferences for third party cookies only, but it doesn't work for extensions. I tried a workaround with not selecting to clear cookies on exit and combined with a Chrome extension for cookies. Not really happy about that ...

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I notice a circle icon that looks like 2 keys just to the left of the https. Clicking on that will take me to some cookie controls.

In the general vicinity of this topic.

There is a global control of 4 typical website actions available as an icon on the toolbar called Content Settings. Does not include cookies, but may be of some interest.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

whdmike3000

Post by whdmike3000 »

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem. No option to keep the cookies.

For those of you who face similar challenge, my workaround is to disable to clear cookies on exit in settings and install chrome extension (CookieBro) to control which cookies to keep.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I default to blocking cookies but need to allow exceptions. I took to doing that with an extension called Policy Control, which allows exceptions not only to cookie settings, but to others as well. That works very well for me.