Version 38.0.9.0

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
looking man

Version 38.0.9.0

Post by looking man »

Slowly, version 38.0.9.0 appeared. It is clear that this is the latest version with support for Windows 7/8 (the developers do not want to do anything in this regard).
What exactly is done in it? Compared to the previous version 38.0.8.0. Where is the list of changes?
There is no such information anywhere.
Windows 7 x64 Slimjet 29.0.3 x32. Let it be for now.

looking man

Re: Version 38.0.9.0

Post by looking man »

Or just a number change? ;)
Windows 7 x64 Slimjet 29.0.3 x32. Let it be for now.

oftentired

Re: Version 38.0.9.0

Post by oftentired »

At some time in the past, which I cannot specifically remember when or where, Flashpeak has indicated that they do not include every single thing they have done when coding a minor update when posting the list of what they did on the "What's New". So, my point is, and the point he made when telling us this in the past, was that the information provided is an attempt to communicate to us the things that would most likely interest or affect us as users. But, it is not realistic to actually list 10 to 25 other minor programming code changes that are not important enough or effect the user enough to actually tell us about it. It is why they are listed as minor updates incrementing the xx.x.X.x part of the version number. Occasionally, this means a minor update is released that has nothing listed. Of course, they could have just forgotten or gotten the information misplaced. That is always a possibility as well :P

But, for me, it doesn't matter to me all that much, I'm getting this browser for free, and for the most part it does what I want in the way I want it to. Telling me what changes they made? That is not a vital part of my interaction, interesting? Sure it is interesting.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11