help with tabs page

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
rikkitic

help with tabs page

Post by rikkitic »

I recently discovered Slimjet and I think it is wonderful. It is a lot like Opera used to be before it was ruined. I am so grateful to have finally found a modern browser that works well, is flexible, and can be configured the way I want it instead of the way some programmer thinks I should have it. I have run into something I don't understand with the tabs page though, and I need some help to figure it out.

I am currently running two installations of Slimjet, one under Win7, the other under XP. The Win7 version works fine, no issues. With the XP one, I cannot configure the quick dial buttons, no search bar appears on the tabs page, there are also no other buttons such as the customise button, and I cannot access the Chrome apps store. When I try I get an error message that it cannot be reached. It works normally under Win7.

I have gone through the settings many times and I cannot find anything that might account for these differences. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate hearing them. I really like Slimjet but not being able to add URLs to the quick dial buttons is more than a little frustrating.

rikkitic

Re: help with tabs page

Post by rikkitic »

When I post a question and then find the answer, I like to post that as well for anyone else with the same issue. I did not find the cause of the missing items on my tabs page but I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall Slimjet to see what that would do and when I did the problem was gone. Everything is now working as it should.