Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
User avatar
Passenger
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

Post by Passenger » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:51 pm

You have to start running a video to see it, but pausing and/or moving to another tab does not make it go away.

It works for a number of sites, not just Youtube.

Still playing with it.


Edited to add: Works for videos embedded in non-host sites. For example videos on news sites.
OS -- Windows 7
Slimjet 25.0.6.0
Native ad blocker disabled
Extensions: NoScript, AdBlock Plus, YouTube No Buffer, Reader View

devilsdonotcry
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:36 am

Re: Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

Post by devilsdonotcry » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:42 am

Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and.. when moving tabs between windows on two different screen, slimjet crashes. It doesn't happen with every page but when I move e.g. Google Drive or Google Doc, it crashes.
I thought that maybe global media control as new feature is the source, switched it off in flags, but didn't help.
I downgraded to 24.0.6.0 and works perfectly.
I use slimjet on macOS.

Any thoughts as I am quite clueless where to start looking for a fix?

Btw, great browser. I have tried s many of them but this one just works and doesn't consume all my resources. Awesome effort.

Tweakerz
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Re: Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

Post by Tweakerz » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:39 am

devilsdonotcry wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:42 am
Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and.. when moving tabs between windows on two different screen, slimjet crashes. It doesn't happen with every page but when I move e.g. Google Drive or Google Doc, it crashes.
I thought that maybe global media control as new feature is the source, switched it off in flags, but didn't help.
I downgraded to 24.0.6.0 and works perfectly.
I use slimjet on macOS.

Any thoughts as I am quite clueless where to start looking for a fix?

Btw, great browser. I have tried s many of them but this one just works and doesn't consume all my resources. Awesome effort.

Rather than posting in an existing topic, you should probably post this in the Bugs section of the forum along with the other relevant information which is requested when making the said post. There is a topic with information in that area of the forum that speaks on the added details you should include along with describing your problem. (If the forum Moderator sees your post he may just move it there).

Anonymosity
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Re: Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

Post by Anonymosity » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:06 pm

I had no idea that you had to start the video first. I see it now.

User avatar
Passenger
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

Post by Passenger » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:16 am

I just noticed the look of the print dialog has changed.

Is that a Chromium thing or a Slimjet thing?

Note: No problem with it, just like to know everything.

Thanks.
OS -- Windows 7
Slimjet 25.0.6.0
Native ad blocker disabled
Extensions: NoScript, AdBlock Plus, YouTube No Buffer, Reader View

Tweakerz
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Re: Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

Post by Tweakerz » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:49 pm

Passenger wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:16 am
I just noticed the look of the print dialog has changed.

Is that a Chromium thing or a Slimjet thing?

Note: No problem with it, just like to know everything.

Thanks.
In what way has that changed as I can see no discernible difference that I can tell?

User avatar
Passenger
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

Post by Passenger » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:42 am

A slightly smaller pop up. Really just a minor stylistic thing.
OS -- Windows 7
Slimjet 25.0.6.0
Native ad blocker disabled
Extensions: NoScript, AdBlock Plus, YouTube No Buffer, Reader View

Tweakerz
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Re: Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

Post by Tweakerz » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:49 am

Passenger wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:42 am
A slightly smaller pop up. Really just a minor stylistic thing.
Right on, guess I just didn't notice.

Locked