How to stop extensions from auto-updating?

Slimjet bug reports
nima_amin

How to stop extensions from auto-updating?

Post by nima_amin » Thu May 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Hello, I need to manually re-install the previous or pre-previous version of Flash Video Downloader (NextGenDev), since the recent version from 6th May doesn't recognize anything (if you look at the comments in the webstore you see that this is not only my problem). The developer has no support. I found the crx files of the older versions, however on browser restart the damn thing updates immediately to the current version even though I have "keep old plugin versions running" enabled in the settings. I can't find anything to stop this nagging behaviour. Pease help!

Tweakerz

Re: How to stop extensions from auto-updating?

Post by Tweakerz » Tue May 21, 2019 7:59 pm

This applies to Windows only, if you are not using Windows disregard and know that I can't promise this will work but might be worth a shot.

Try opening the extension folder specific to the extension you want to stop from updating.

Found here: C:\Users\<Insert your own username here>\AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\Default\Extensions\<Your Extension Folder Here>

With the random names of the folders, you'll need to figure out which one is the proper one.

Once you locate the folder try making that folder Read Only. There are programs out there you could also try to lock folders but just using Windows would be my choice (assuming it works).

You might be able to edit the manifest file and remove the URL related to the update as an alternative but again I do not know if it will work or not, just a few ideas that come to mind that seem like they'd work.