Facebook Videos Message "no download link found"

Slimjet bug reports
nima_amin

Facebook Videos Message "no download link found"

Post by nima_amin »

I extra for Facebook and media playability wanted to try SlimJet, since neither Internet Explorer nor Pale Moon play any media any more, and the website FBDOWN which I have used for years has made changes in its intreface with causes that it no longer works, at least not in Pale Moon.

Now I try with the first video I came across on my Facebook time line

https://www.facebook.com/marco.rosasalv ... N-xeF2mq5Y

and it says failed to extract the download link. It goes like this with all videos I tried.

Please fix, for now there is definitely NO Faceook Video Downloader in SlimJet!

oftentired

Re: Facebook Videos Message "no download link found"

Post by oftentired »

Just to confirm. You are following the instructions here?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

nima_amin

Re: Facebook Videos Message "no download link found"

Post by nima_amin »

Yes, just that the way of display you describe there does not corresppnd with the actual way of display Facebook presents to me: when I see a video on my "stream" (I suppose that is the English term for the "Chronik", the "Startseite" which you see after having logged in to Facebook?) there is no enlargement. It just starts to play then.

Blue arrow in the corner is there, but says: no download link found.

Usually above the video there stands a sentence saying "XYZ hat ein Video geposted" oder "XYZ hat einen Beitrag geteilt" or something similar, where the word "Video" or "Beitrag" is an active link, when you click on that you are guided to the original post in a new tab. If the post is an original video (not one shared from another user or page) that sometimes opens in the "theatre view" simlar to the way of photos, but it remains the same - no download link found.