[Feature Request] Check for update on About screen

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
robbinsd

[Feature Request] Check for update on About screen

Post by robbinsd »

Feature request: I'd like to see a "Check for updates" link/button on the "About" page.

Thanks!

dev

Re: [Feature Request] Check for update on About screen

Post by dev »

it use to be dunno why it got removed

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

Check to see if you have it under Menu/Help Center/Check Update...it's there for me..

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

cwm4bama wrote:Check to see if you have it under Menu/Help Center/Check Update...it's there for me..
It is there for me.

dev

Post by dev »

i know its there what the op is asking for is the about page and i pointed out it use to be there :)

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

True, but in order to get to the About Slimjet page, one has to open the Help center menu and right there 9 entries above the About Slimjet is the "Check update" entry. :D

dev

Post by dev »

RBTB2605 wrote:True, but in order to get to the About Slimjet page, one has to open the Help center menu and right there 9 entries above the About Slimjet is the "Check update" entry. :D
no you can go through settings so settings then its in the menu on the left , you can even bookmark it if people needed too slimjet://help

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Ah, I hate duplication, but I see now. :)

robbinsd

Post by robbinsd »

I am aware of the option of how to check for updates. I already got to the About page, now just give me a quick link to check for updates. I just didn't want to have to go through the Help -> blah, blah clicks again. I find that process to be extremely irritating - SlimBrowser's check update menu option was right up front, no need to go to a submenu.

And it didn't help that the Check for Update function wasn't working properly. Maybe now that is working, this won't be as much of an issue.