Slimjet 12.0.1.0 is released

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
donaldduck

Re: Slimjet 12.0.1.0 is released

Post by donaldduck »

That looks perfect, RBTB. How did u get them all up against the left margin instead of staggered like I have them?

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

donaldduck wrote:That looks perfect, RBTB. How did u get them all up against the left margin instead of staggered like I have them?
I don't know what you mean by staggered all over the place, but I dragged all of my folders into one folder called "My Folders". You do this on the regular Opera Bookmarks manager. And you probably have to drag and drop them one by one as I recall. So the second button from the left at the top of the v7 bookmarks add on is the My Folders button and this is where all of my bookmarks are.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

No that's not going to work for me, RBT. I don't like the Opera bookmarks setup even with the sidebar. You can even do things here with bm's that u can't do there, like move them around and make a new folder without going to bookmarks manager. I don't think I'll bother with Opera. I liked them years ago when they had a built in bm sidebar.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

donaldduck wrote:No that's not going to work for me, RBT. I don't like the Opera bookmarks setup even with the sidebar. You can even do things here with bm's that u can't do there, like move them around and make a new folder without going to bookmarks manager. I don't think I'll bother with Opera. I liked them years ago when they had a built in bm sidebar.
Using v7 in Opera I can easily make a new folder and move bookmarks wherever I want to by dragging and dropping. I don't have to go to Opera's bookmark system except for doing the initial set up once i import my bookmarks from an html file. Then i just have to move them from "Imported" to where I need them to be under "My Folders". More user friendly than Slimjet. AND...most importantly, I can drag and drop bookmarks right from the address window (the same as Firefox capability) right into where I want it. You cannot do that in Slimjet. you can drag and drop to the Bookmarks Bar, but I see no way to drag and drop into the Bookmarks side panel.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Using v7 in Opera I can easily make a new folder and move bookmarks wherever I want to by dragging and dropping.

---Why can't I do that? If I left click on a bookmark I just get the circle with a line through it. I can't move it anywhere at all. If I right click to try to set up a new folder all I get is five different Open options: Open, Open in New Tab etc.

I don't have to go to Opera's bookmark system except for doing the initial set up once i import my bookmarks from an html file. Then i just have to move them from "Imported" to where I need them to be under "My Folders". More user friendly than Slimjet. AND...most importantly, I can drag and drop bookmarks right from the address window (the same as Firefox capability) right into where I want it. You cannot do that in Slimjet. you can drag and drop to the Bookmarks Bar, but I see no way to drag and drop into the Bookmarks side panel.

--- That is the one thing I dislike most about Slimjet.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

I do not have answers for you. Remember, I am using "My Folders" for all of my bookmarks with the exception of the ones that are on the Bookmark Bar in Opera. You can right click inside v7 and create a folder also. I am about 50/50 as to staying with Slimjet or just moving over to Opera for my main browser needs because Opera is fast and cool at the same time and the bookmarks side panel (v7) is wonderful.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

You have Opera working better than I do, RBT. Do u think Opera is faster than SJ? I'm sticking with SJ for now because it suits me fine, small exception being the bookmark problems.

dev

Post by dev »

the main problem with v7 as with most extensions which the inbuilt side panel (tho lacks in certain areas) in slimjet doesn't have is
This extension can access your data on all websites.
This extension will manage your extensions.
This extension will add a panel to the sidebar.
This extension can access your tabs and browsing activity.
Burn a certain amount of ram.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

dev wrote:the main problem with v7 as with most extensions which the inbuilt side panel (tho lacks in certain areas) in slimjet doesn't have is
This extension can access your data on all websites.
This extension will manage your extensions.
This extension will add a panel to the sidebar.
This extension can access your tabs and browsing activity.
Burn a certain amount of ram.
As true with many extensions. I agree. But this does not concern me a great deal. I trust the developer and he has responded to my inquiries before.

Mr. Duck, Opera for me is almost as fast as Slimjet. Actually it tests only a few points lower than Slimjet at the html5 site. Speaking of which...I am playing a little bit with a 64bit Chromium portable version and that thing tests 8 points higher at the html5 test site. But of course, it lacks the side panel completely.