Slimjet 12.0.1.0 is released

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
donaldduck

Re: Slimjet 12.0.1.0 is released

Post by donaldduck »

Well I went ahead and downloaded 12, and sure enough it messed things up again. Now I need to try to set it up the way it was before - bookmarks on sidebar - and all the passwords are gone too.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Sorry that you are having so many issues. Sadly, what you are describing are all basic functions. If you have passwords backed up in a Google account, then they will reappear when you log into your account in Slimjet. Same thing with your bookmarks. You can choose what settings that you want to save in your account. I only backup my bookmarks. There is a nice add on that I use called Last Pass and it works great across different browsers. Any log in information for any site is saved.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Hi, RBT - It's OK now. I added on the extensions I had before and now I have my precious bookmark sidebar back, my favorite thing that's getting so hard to find amongst modern browsers. I suppose if I had logged into my Slimjet account first it would have been easier. 12 is working OK now, looks just like the 10. I still have both, the 10 and the 12 even tho I installed the 12 in the same spot as the ten. Why is that? I don't even know where the ten is coming from. All I see is 12 on my hard drive. How do I get rid of the ten? It must be taking up space someplace. I'll check out Last Pass right now. Quack!

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

If you installed the 64 bit version and already had a 32 bit version, then both are now installed in your computer. Go to add/remove programs and uninstall the old version. By the way, 12.0.2.0 version came out today. They look the same because nothing has changed in the UI.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

RBTB2605 wrote:If you installed the 64 bit version and already had a 32 bit version, then both are now installed in your computer. Go to add/remove programs and uninstall the old version. By the way, 12.0.2.0 version came out today. They look the same because nothing has changed in the UI.
I installed the 32 because I saw it was highly recommended, especially for computers with less than 8 GB of memory and I have 8. But I found the old 10 on another hard disk drive. I just had to look around because it didn't show up on a search or on the uninstall lists.

slim.moe

Post by slim.moe »

I really hope that Slimjet 13 will be just as compatible with Vista as 12 is.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Slimjet 12 seems to be exactly the same as Slimjet 10 to me. I haven't noticed any difference at all. I like it but I do wish they could improve the bookmark control.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

donaldduck wrote:Slimjet 12 seems to be exactly the same as Slimjet 10 to me. I haven't noticed any difference at all. I like it but I do wish they could improve the bookmark control.
The updates are under the hood. Slimjet 12 is mainly an upgrade to Chromium 53.

http://www.slimjet.com/en/whatisnew.php

I also desire a more "robust" bookmark control that would allow me to do more. But with that being said, I am grateful to the Slimjet team for at least continuing to provide a bookmarks side panel that is more than acceptable. At this time there are no other extensions for Chrome based browsers that provide a bookmarks side panel with the exception of V7 Bookmarks that is a great add on that I use in Opera. Also, Vivaldi has a bookmarks side panel built into it.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

" ...I am grateful to the Slimjet team for at least continuing to provide a bookmarks side panel that is more than acceptable. At this time there are no other extensions for Chrome based browsers that provide a bookmarks side panel with the exception of V7 Bookmarks that is a great add on that I use in Opera. Also, Vivaldi has a bookmarks side panel built into it."

I'm grateful too, RBTB. I just went to Opera and added V7 Bookmarks and it looks good at first glance. Opera was my primary browser at one time, years ago. I don't know if u have any ideas about this: The Opera bookmarks column is staggered: Other Bookmarks - Imported - Bookmark Bar. All my millions of bookmarks are under the last one, but the staggering makes the panel take up more screen space - sticks it out to the right - than it would if I could get rid of the first two and just have Bookmarks Bar up against the left margin, like it is here. Any ideas on that, if you understand what I'm trying to say?

I have five browsers with bookmarks side panels that I am holding in reserve just in case something happens to SlimJet: Vivaldi, Maxthon, Firefox, Opera, and Comodo Ice Dragon.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

This is what my v7 set up looks like in Opera. Takes up very little space for me. I had talked to the developer of this great add on and he claimed that he was going to work on a version of this for Chrome, but so far nothing has appeared.
v7.JPG