Video Problem

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
RBTB2605

Video Problem

Post by RBTB2605 »

I am having an issue with both Slimjet and Opera viewing videos at a local TV station site. Could anyone verify for me that the video at the following site is playing ok for them ? Or is it playing in slow motion ..... The video plays fine in Firefox and Edge. Regular speed.

http://13wham.com/news/local/local-past ... ire-in-roc

oftentired

Re: Video Problem

Post by oftentired »

at work, on a Vista box
Slimjet v 11.0.4.0 32-bit = slow motion/sound
IE 9 = normal play, took a few false starts had to reload the page
Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 m = ad played but video froze with message, HE- ACC not supported
Last edited by oftentired on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated version info removed extraneous
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

oftentired wrote:at work, on a Vista box
Slimjet = slow motion/sound
IE 9 = normal play, took a few false starts had to reload the page
Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 m = ad played but video froze with message, HE- ACC not supported

I'll try another browser when I get home
Thanks. This site changed to the JW Player recently. When I right click on the video that is what it says.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

at home
Slimjet v 11.0.4.0 64-bit = slow motion/sound
Vivaldi 1.3.551.30 32-bit (Chrome 52.0.2743.117) = froze up with error, "TypeError: Cannot read property 'buffered' of undefined"
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Forgot to check Vivaldi here. Yes, an error in Vivaldi shows for me.

Cannot read property......

Well I suppose that my next move will be to contact the station and tell them about this playback problem. (and see if they actually do respond or listen to me... LOL ) A lot of people use Chrome, so hopefully I will not be the only one to let them know about this problem.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy. Two friends are saying that the video plays fine for them in Chrome.

Upon further review, it is the sound that is slow and the video seems to be playing normally.

dev

Post by dev »

Its the way the website has embedded them i reckon rather than a player/browser problem as it works fine here https://support.jwplayer.com/customer/e ... -jw-player which you could point out to them

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

dev wrote:Its the way the website has embedded them i reckon rather than a player/browser problem as it works fine here https://support.jwplayer.com/customer/e ... -jw-player which you could point out to them
It is weird. If the video is viewed on Firefox, it starts playing from the beginning. The best that I can tell is that on Slimjet it starts playing at about the 4 second mark. (this is the video that plays after the ad that plays normally for me) The whole thing plays perfectly for me using Chrome portable.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

I am so enthused about the sheer speed of Chrome based browsers that I decided to install the latest released version of 64 bit Chrome. There are no video playback issues. Slimjet is nice, real nice, but I am an average to a little above average in my knowledge of computers and browsers and other computer and internet areas of interest. I do not like having to deal with nit picky little issues and devote a whole bunch of time to not finding a solution. But that is just me. So Slimjet stays installed and updated and I shall continue along the Chrome path. But tonight I have been playing with and configuring Chrome to get it to my liking... even though there is no bookmarks side panel. I am experimenting with an add on called Neater Bookmarks. Oh, and Chrome has not crashed yet by me simply clicking on a link the way Slimjet was doing to me 10 times a day.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

The TV station actually replied. So i told them that the basic problem is that in the latest Slimjet and latest Opera web browsers that the videos play normally at their site, but the sound is in slow motion. Weirdest thing that I have ever seen. Lets see if they get back to me.