Importing Browser settings

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Bluflower

Importing Browser settings

Post by Bluflower »

I was using Slimjet portable V 6.0.9.0 [46.0.2..]. Downloaded and extracted the latest V into the SAME /ORIGINAL Slimjet folder (in order to retain all settings) my but nothing seems to changed/ updated there. I renamed the original folder and extracted into a NEW folder and I see the new version files. I could import my bookmarks. Is there a way to import all my settings from the old version into the new.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

oftentired

Re: Importing Browser settings

Post by oftentired »

I'm thinking you jumped too many versions at one shot. It might pay off to revert back to your vs 6 installation and then install the last iteration of vs 7, 8, 9, etc.. until you get to 11.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Bluflower

Post by Bluflower »

Thank you oftentired. Unfortunately that did not work. Bookmarks are the most critical one for me and I could import them. So I decided to remove the old version completely and reinstall the latest + a few addons and it works good now.
Is there a program like 'MozBackup' ( which imports and exports the browser profile for FF) for Slimjet ?

dev

Post by dev »

Bluflower wrote:Thank you oftentired. Unfortunately that did not work. Bookmarks are the most critical one for me and I could import them. So I decided to remove the old version completely and reinstall the latest + a few addons and it works good now.
Is there a program like 'MozBackup' ( which imports and exports the browser profile for FF) for Slimjet ?
The easiest way is do this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=115