Problem with EagleGet

Slimjet bug reports
jackuars

Problem with EagleGet

Post by jackuars »

When I add EagleGet extension to Chrome, i get this error. I have other Chromium clones like Comodo Dragon, SRWare Iron and Chrome. They all have EagleGet installed with no issues.

This is the only reason why I dont use Siimjet. Because I need this downloader very much. Please resolve this issue ASAP.

dev

Re: Problem with EagleGet

Post by dev »

Have you tried uninstalling the extension as the pic says its already installed and reinstalling (try uninstalling from all your browsers and then install fresh but do slimjet first )

jackuars

Post by jackuars »

I will try that. But this shouldn't happen in the first place because it doesn't happen on other Chromium browsers irrespective of the order you install. Especially when EagleGet is a really popular IDM-like download manager. Anyway I'll get back to you on that.

jackuars

Post by jackuars »

I did what you said, but it doesn't help. EagleGet automatically installs itself on all browsers after installation. I even ticked the option to reset all user preferences during EagleGet installation but didn't help.

I tried to enable EagleGet in Slimjet which was disabled in the extensions section but it didn't. I closed the browser and opened it again and voila, there was no EagleGet extension this time at all.

I tried to drag and drop .crx file of EagleGet from C:\Program Files (x86)\EagleGet\addons into Slimjet extensions, but nothing happens.

I try to download it again from the Chrome store, but it shows the same message again.

Note that I didn't have this problem when Slimjet was using the webkit engine in the past. Nor do I have this problem with any other Chromium based browser.

Please resolve this matter because the download manager & it's extension is been used by 757,290 people according to Chrome store, excluding the number of users from other browsers like Firefox, IE-based browsers.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... efmo?hl=en

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

The instructions in this youtube video resolve another issue but may prove to be a resolution to your problem as well. Try it if you want.

Youtube video
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

jackuars

Post by jackuars »

oftentired wrote:The instructions in this youtube video resolve another issue but may prove to be a resolution to your problem as well. Try it if you want.

Youtube video
Like I mentioned in the previous post, I tried adding the .crx file as shown in the video, but nothing happens. Moreover EagleGet is a verified extension at Chrome store, and is used by a large number of users than IDM.

Chrome store statistics: 2,80,000 for IDM and 7,80,000 for EagleGet

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

jackuars wrote:
oftentired wrote:The instructions in this youtube video resolve another issue but may prove to be a resolution to your problem as well. Try it if you want.

Youtube video
Like I mentioned in the previous post, I tried adding the .crx file as shown in the video, but nothing happens. Moreover EagleGet is a verified extension at Chrome store, and is used by a large number of users than IDM.

Thanks for your patience. My mind is like a sieve sometimes.

I have another thought. Slimjet has a built in custom downloader which may be active and over riding all others. If you have not done so check in settings and make sure this is not turned on. It is in Settings at the very bottom under the Downloads section and is the last selection "Use turbo charged download manager..."
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

jackuars

Post by jackuars »

oftentired wrote:
jackuars wrote:

Youtube video

Thanks for your patience. My mind is like a sieve sometimes.

I have another thought. Slimjet has a built in custom downloader which may be active and over riding all others. If you have not done so check in settings and make sure this is not turned on. It is in Settings at the very bottom under the Downloads section and is the last selection "Use turbo charged download manager..."
It's turned off. This can't be problem either. Do try it yourself installing the download manager. You can see it's a bug in Slimjet.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

OK, I'm not convinced it is an actual bug in the Slimjet code. But, Slimjet is not happy at all with the extension and keeps removing it when I get the icon to show in the toolbar. It refused to install it with the drag n drop method saying it was missing the manifest. After some effort I was able to get Chrome and Vivaldi to accept the extension. I'll leave this problem here in Bug Reports until the developers comment.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

I've installed the extension in my slimjet (beta 11) and the standalone program which then took to me to this page http://www.eagleget.com/enable-eagleget ... le-chrome/(the bog standard help page really) but i followed the instuctions there and it works fine which points to a problem your end. It does point this out "Important Note: How to resolve Chrome’s Suspicious Extensions Disabled notification" on that link and it redirects here http://www.ghacks.net/2014/02/14/resolv ... ification/ but i don't think that's the problem, i think it may be that the standalone product installs the extensions to any broswer it sees and recognises on a system which seems to be the case for you as you have said the extension was disabled (that's the reason you are getting that message telling you its already installed) now you said you renabled it but then it dissappeared , well it may have not uninstalled you should see a menu / pop up "remove from Slimjet" for proper removal.
I would look in your profile folder check and delete the folder if there that corresponds with the eagleget extension it will be the letters that the store show kaebhgioafceeldhgjmendlfhbfjefmo: so either type this in your address bar chrome://open_profile_folder which should open your user data folder then look for the extensions folder and delete the folder or through your computer its C:\Users\[REPLACE WITH LOGGED IN USER NAME]\AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\extensions then reinstall just the extension. If you're using the dragging and drop method make sure you have the developer mode ticked on the extensions page.
It might be you have a corrupt profile in slimjet or chrome and more so if you use google sync that may be causing the problem
Barring that you might need to completely remove eagleget from your computer and start a new.