Question about the new tab page.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Passenger

Question about the new tab page.

Post by Passenger »

Either one question or two, depending on whether the answer is different for the Slimjet configurable new tab page.

Default new tab page: How does it decide which pages to put in its thumbnails? It definitively isn't most recent history.

Slimjet new tab page: Same, modulo that you can force a thumbnail if you want.

I don't need technical details, just some idea of what will show up.

Thank you.

oftentired

Re: Question about the new tab page.

Post by oftentired »

I'm not sure this will answer your question(s)

Over time it seems to acquire the most used, just doesn't happen very fast. And it does not order them "left to right" well at all. And it seems to stagnate at some point and does not acquire newer frequently visited sites. I've resorted to specifying websites to the degree needed to satisfy my most visited destinations and I just ignore the rest of the random choices which I don't use anyway.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

That tells me the main thing I want to know, namely that nothing is going wrong.

Thank you.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

If you use each of the 8 tiles for something specific, there will be no changes at all. I actually use only 7, but to prevent the last one from being populated with some unwanted item, I set that one to use about:blank.