Slimjet is taking a very long time to load, and to load websites

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Joel

Slimjet is taking a very long time to load, and to load websites

Post by Joel »

System Specs:
Windows 10 Home x64, fully updated
Lenovo ideapad 320
Intel Core i3-7100U
CPU 2.40GHz
6GB RAM
Slimjet version
: 24.0.6.0

This has been happening for a couple years but lately it seems worse.
When I launch Slimjet, it opens to a completely blank white screen. No toolbars, no anything. My entire screen is white. And after a minute or so the toolbars start loading, then the homepage, until finally it's all loaded. I have to wait up to two minutes most times.

Then I click my Facebook bookmark, and it starts all over again, with very long wait times.
FB takes a long time to start filling in, piece by piece, and sometimes it hangs for a long time before it continues loading the site.
In fact, if I click the FB bookmark, then go check my email or do something else in another window or browser, when I come back to Slimjet I find that nothing has progressed since I left it. Whether it's one minute later or ten minutes later, it seems like it waits for me to come back before it finishes loading Facebook.

Very frustrating.

It's been doing that for a couple years, but now a new issue is coming on top of all that:
Every so often, in the middle of using FB, Slimjet crashes to where 3/4 of the screen from the bottom up is white, and the top 1/4 is black. This lasts for a few seconds and then comes back to the FB screen.

It doesn't do this for other sites, and not in other browsers I use.

Why are these things happening?
There are no viruses or other malware involved, I have confirmed that 100%.
Not everyone is a genius like you; treat them accordingly.

sleeper10

Re: Slimjet is taking a very long time to load, and to load websites

Post by sleeper10 »

Try clearing cache, browsing history, etc in Slimjet Settings & see if that helps any. If not, maybe reinstall Slimjet.

sleeper10

Re: Slimjet is taking a very long time to load, and to load websites

Post by sleeper10 »

Also, in Settings make sure this is enabled "Preload pages for faster browsing and searching".