Slimjet Portable - Where is hidden folder for profile 2?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
nima_amin

Slimjet Portable - Where is hidden folder for profile 2?

Post by nima_amin »

Hello,

when Slimjet Portable version 21.0.8.0 came out I set up a second user profile. While the profile settings and extensions all are saved, I cannot find a folder for this profile.

Having updated to version 23.0.9.0 I set up a third user profile, and strange enough there is a profile 3 folder now. But still none for profile 2.

So where is that folder hidden?

And when we are at user profiles in general - how can I make desktop connections for older user profiles, since that is a feature which you have newly added.

Windows 7 Professional DEUTSCH.

oftentired

Re: Slimjet Portable - Where is hidden folder for profile 2?

Post by oftentired »

login to Profile 2

in the address bar enter

chrome://version/

in the resulting information page look for Profile Path; this will be the path to the folder location for the currently logged in profile
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

nima_amin

Post by nima_amin »

Hello, thank you very much for your quick response.

According to that method what is named profile 1 in the browser is in the folder named UserData\Default on the PC, what is named profile 2 in the browser is in the folder named UserData\Profile 1 on the PC and from profile 3 onwards the PC folder number corresponds with the profile number in the browser. Is there a way for you to fix that oddity that profile 2 is named profile 1 on the computer somehow? It's quite irritating when you are searching for something on the PC. And can I without danger rename the PC folder profile 1 into profile 2 on the PC?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I don't see any actual danger. You might want to copy your profiles to a safe location while your messing around.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11