Logos on New tab buttons/ tiles

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
level3Electro

Logos on New tab buttons/ tiles

Post by level3Electro »

Hi everybody! Is there any way to put custom images on the new tab tiles? The default ones (Ebay, Amazon, and such) look great but the screenshots often look too busy or just blank. I tried to find the folder where the screenshots are stored to replace the images to no avail.

Tweakerz

Re: Logos on New tab buttons/ tiles

Post by Tweakerz »

level3Electro wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:36 am
Hi everybody! Is there any way to put custom images on the new tab tiles? The default ones (Ebay, Amazon, and such) look great but the screenshots often look too busy or just blank. I tried to find the folder where the screenshots are stored to replace the images to no avail.
If I misunderstood what you meant, sorry. If not, it sounds like you might be talking about what I call Speed Dial but is the images shown in a grid on the new tab page.

Depending on which version (x86 or x64) you use you can replace the logos with a jpg of your choice and it shows up, I edited one and refreshed the new tab and it was shown, didn't even need to close the browser.

This is the directory of the image I edited and overwrote with the edited version with success. If it is portable it should be similar but sorry I cannot offer the exact directory as I no longer use the portable version. (I use the 32bit actually but the 64bit if pretty obviously the same less the (x86) portion).

32bit C:\Program Files (x86)\Slimjet\default\quickdial\sitelogos
64bit C:\Program Files\Slimjet\default\quickdial\sitelogos

level3Electro

Post by level3Electro »

Thanks for your response. Yes the quickdial buttons is what i was referring to, i found the sitelogos folder (it differs a bit since i have portable version but its the same relative path) but those are for "preset" sites which are OK my problem is with sites that are not in the list, i want to insert a custom image or edit the image source, there are some chrome addons that create a custom new tab page where you can edit the URLs of the buttons and browse for an image or use an URL or screenshot.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

level3Electro wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:17 pm
Thanks for your response. Yes the quickdial buttons is what i was referring to, i found the sitelogos folder (it differs a bit since i have portable version but its the same relative path) but those are for "preset" sites which are OK my problem is with sites that are not in the list, i want to insert a custom image or edit the image source, there are some chrome addons that create a custom new tab page where you can edit the URLs of the buttons and browse for an image or use an URL or screenshot.
My apologies, I have no custom tiles setup but perhaps I can toy with it and see what I can find when time permits. I used to use an extension called Speed Dial 2 and had many custom images but since using SlimJet I haven't used any Speed Dial builtin or via an extension. I'll try to remember to check into it later on when I have time to see what if anything I can locate that might help.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

Quick update, nothing tested but new thumbnails are being created here if that helps...

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\Default\newtab\thumbnails

level3Electro

Post by level3Electro »

Fantastic! I was able to at least replace the snapshots, but i still trying to assign a picture to the blank ones, some sites will not get a screenshot even clicking on "refresh".
Thank you so much!

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

level3Electro wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:05 pm
Fantastic! I was able to at least replace the snapshots, but i still trying to assign a picture to the blank ones, some sites will not get a screenshot even clicking on "refresh".
Thank you so much!
You're welcome, glad I could help though beyond that I doubt I can offer much more advice going forward as I have only been using SlimJet a little under a year and until your post never took a look at anything related to Speed Dial or thumbnails. I hope you get it sorted though and setup in a way you like more going forward. 8-)