Annoying bar at full screen video

Slimjet bug reports
doceclecRC

(Bug) - Slimjet 23 beta - black border

Post by doceclecRC »

Just installed the Chromium 74-based beta on Windows 7 Ult x64 SP1. A black border occupies the top of the screen when in full screen mode. It also seems to affect pop-up windows as well. I initially added --force-dark-mode to my shortcut, so I assumed that was the root of the issue. But it persists regardless of the dark/light mode state. I was also able to reproduce this issue in a Linux VM.

oftentired

Re: (Bug) - Slimjet 23 beta - black border

Post by oftentired »

I too see a "dark border" along the top of the browser in Full Screen mode. But I also see the typical controls a the top right to minimize, restore down, or close. And the size of the "dark border" is exactly that same as the title bar. So really all that is happening on my screen is the bookmarks bar (which I have set to always show) is hidden and the omni box/toolbar/extensions bar is hidden, and the tabs are hidden from the title bar, leaving the black title bar (black since the installed them is withdrawn and replaced with all black).
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

doceclecRC

Post by doceclecRC »

Whether or not the window controls are shown along the border depends on the theme used. Nevertheless, they don't appear to serve a function as clicking does nothing.
I can't reproduce this issue on upstream Chrome or Chromium.

Unbravewintermute

Post by Unbravewintermute »

This bug is still in the stable version of 23 (Version 23.0.4.0). It also happens if you watch videos in full screen on youtube and other sites.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I use the banana theme, so I see a yellow bar across the top of the full-screen video.

saneinchaos

Post by saneinchaos »

looks like a reoccurring issue. happens again since latest update. bump.

there seems to be a black window around youtube videos in fullscreen.
it also shows the controls in the top corner (close, minimize, maximize).
win10 23.0.4.0 (based on Chromium 74.0.3729.108) (Official Build) (64-bit)

JustusTheCat

Annoying bar at full screen video

Post by JustusTheCat »

When I put Youtube's or similar video site's video at full screen, there's annoying bar above and I don't know how to disable it. Google Chrome doesn't have that problem.

If the inserted image doesn't work, here's a direct link to a screenshot I took of that problem.

Jaro1989

Re: Annoying bar at full screen video

Post by Jaro1989 »

I have exactly the same issue. Black bar with buttons (close, small window, minimize) on top of video, very anoying. I had to return to latest v.22. Bit if it won't be fixed soon, I'll be unfortunately forced to migrate to chrome, opera or some other browser. I hope that won't be the case, because I'm loyal slimjet user from quite few years now.

someusername

Post by someusername »

This sounds like the same issue I was going to search for/report when creating an "app" ("Cog wheel" -> "More tools" -> "Create shortcut" and enable "Open as window") out of a web page. It seems all of my "apps" have this black border and it seem to be the same size as the tool bar in the regular Slimjet window.

Not very pretty. :(

Version 23.0.6.0 (based on Chromium 74.0.3729.108) (Official Build) (64-bit)
Linux 5.0.21-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 5 09:49:43 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

someusername

Post by someusername »

I created a separate post about my issue in case they aren't the same: https://www.slimjet.com/en/forum/viewto ... f=6&t=2538