Disappearing New Tab thumbnail images

Slimjet bug reports
robbinsd

23.0.1.0 does not remember new tab page thumbnails

Post by robbinsd »

Slimjet version 23.0.1.0 (latest beta) does not remember new tab page thumbnails after exit. Starting Slimjet again shows blank thumbnails, although they do stay while the program is open (after regenerating them). Just not after an exit and relaunch.

Calcedonio

Re: 23.0.1.0 does not remember new tab page thumbnails

Post by Calcedonio »

The same happened to me on two different computers (1 laptop and 1 desktop); the thumbnails retain the address but are all blank image wise, I can reload them but after exit and restarting, they are blank again.

Same browser version.

Any solution on this ?

robbinsd

Post by robbinsd »

Yes, I have it happening on about 5 different computers, Windows 74 32/64 bit, Windows 10 1809, Windows 10 Insiders build. Very annoying...

SimilarToe

Customize Tabs Page Losing Background Images

Post by SimilarToe »

After the latest update 23.0.4.0 I've lost all the background images on my New Tab page. While the links are still there, the background images disappeared. I can refresh them individually with the Refresh button, but when I close and reopen the browser, the background images on the New Tab page disappear again. Any suggestions?

This also happened on my second laptop as well.

I have a backup of my previous AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data directory. Is there a file in there I should copy over to get the images on my New Tab page?

As a followup: I've looked through both the User Data directory and my backup, and I can't find anything that stands out that I can move over to get my New Tab page images to go with the existing blank shortcuts.

[ Thanks for merging. I searched, but couldn't find anything. ]

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I see the same thing. I am using MacOS. The original tiles stayed there, but I did not want the original shortcuts, and the new ones I added have tile images that will not stay.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Anonymosity wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:59 pm
I see the same thing. I am using MacOS. The original tiles stayed there, but I did not want the original shortcuts, and the new ones I added have tile images that will not stay.
Actually, I have found one that has put in an image. I recently put Wikipedia in one of the tiles, and now I see an image there. Maybe Startpage and Qwant do not have images for that?

worgeordie

Post by worgeordie »

I also have a problem of missing thumbnails after updating to 23.0.10, at the
time i got a pop up warning from Kerish Doctor about failing hyperlinks ? and
all the thumbnails disappeared but the names are still listed and can still use
the speed dial, does anyone know if this bug will be fixed,?not updating my
other PC until it is.
regards worgeordie

SimilarToe

Post by SimilarToe »

yAy! They're back, boys and girls. The New Tab page thumbnails are back with the latest 25.0.5.0 update! Hit Refresh at the bottom of each thumbnail and they're back.

https://www.slimjet.com/en/whatisnew.php
Last edited by SimilarToe on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

SimilarToe wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:42 pm
Judging by the response, no one has a clue. Typical of online help forums. They're absolutely no help at all since 1995.
Please stay on-topic.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

23.0.5 (6/10/19) has been released
• Fix bug about thumbnails in New Tab Page. After update, need click on the site buttons using frequently visited sites to update the thumbnails
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11