Clicking links randomly opens Amazon and other commercial tabs!

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
torssk_slimjet_user

Clicking links randomly opens Amazon and other commercial tabs!

Post by torssk_slimjet_user »

For about two weeks now, I've noticed that when I click a link, sometimes--but not always--Slimjet will open a new tab, often to an Amazon product page for something related to what I was clicking on.

For example, I just searched Google for "runners knee hills" and then clicked on this link:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_5 ... ml#runknee

But this Amazon web page opened in a new tab at the same time with the words "knee brace runner" pre-populated in the search bar and many runner's knee braces displayed.

I also had this recently when I searched for "dopamine" and it brought me to Sigma Aldrich's website where one can order and buy dopamine.

This is totally undesirable behavior, reminiscent of 1990s popup ads. I have no idea why this is happening, but if it is related to Slimjet intentionally, this is a deal-breaker for continued use. Which would be a shame as I otherwise love the browser.

Please help. Thank you!

oftentired

Re: Clicking links randomly opens Amazon and other commercial tabs!

Post by oftentired »

This is not an intended Slimjet behaviour. Sounds like you have malware of some kind on your system. I suggest scanning with one or more reliable anti-virus / anti-malware programs. Also, review the extensions you have installed, you may have picked up one that is supported by adware activity.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11