Save as PDF issues

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Tweakerz

Save as PDF issues

Post by Tweakerz »

Does not matter the site this issue persists.

Windows 10 x64 and SlimJet Version 22.0.4.0 (based on Chromium 72.0.3626.121) (Official Build) (32-bit) fully updated to latest versions.

So the issue is I have no installed printer and simply want to save a website (recipe for example) as a PDF but get an error so I have to switch to a different browser to save as a PDF (which works every time without issue).

Perhaps this is a simple fix and I am simply not thinking it through and someone has a simple solution they can suggest, thanks for reading and any assistance offered.

I'm including a screenshot showing what error occurs every time I have tried to use the Save as PDF (or Print for that matter) option.

oftentired

Re: Save as PDF issues

Post by oftentired »

I'm not sure what will be causing that problem for you.

You can install doPDF and give it a try. Takes a minute to grow accustomed to the print dialog box, but you'll figure it out.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

oftentired wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:31 pm
I'm not sure what will be causing that problem for you.

You can install doPDF and give it a try. Takes a minute to grow accustomed to the print dialog box, but you'll figure it out.
Thanks, I know how to use it as I did use this exact option many years ago before browsers supported such options. Hopefully, someone and an update can change the problem so no additional options are required. I'll stick to using an alternative browser for now since it is not an option I require terribly often.

Thanks again, maybe someone eventually chimes in with additional suggestions.

zenzenati

Post by zenzenati »

Try this:

1. Save as PDF
2. Under Destinatin, click "Change"
3. Under Print Destinations, click "save as PDF"
4. Click "Save"

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

zenzenati wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:34 pm
Try this:

1. Save as PDF
2. Under Destinatin, click "Change"
3. Under Print Destinations, click "save as PDF"
4. Click "Save"
EDIT: Okay, so when I said I had made no changes I happened to think about the fact I stopped printing here at home so I changed the Print Spooler service to manual, once that service was started the error was no longer a problem. Thanks to all that replied, luckily I recalled what I'd done and now things are not an issue.

The instant I click Save as PDF that error comes up, there is no time to do anything else, no destination changing options, nothing.

Thanks for the idea though, ideas are what I was hoping for, eventually maybe one will resolve the issue. (I hoped some advanced settings would need changing though I don't know what/where and don't think I have ever made any changes that'd cause it to cease working).