address bar display

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Anonymosity

address bar display

Post by Anonymosity » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:37 am

Why does Slimjet hide the prefix of a hostname in the address bar? Even if I select the address, I do not see the prefix. A large domain will use different prefixes for different sites, and being able to see the prefix is useful. I see no point in hiding it.
I use Mac Slimjet 21.0.8.0.

CrockPot

Re: address bar display

Post by CrockPot » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Just click twice on the address bar and it will show up.This is have something to do with Chrome in general,it's not Slimjet exclusive.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:54 pm

CrockPot wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:27 pm
Just click twice on the address bar and it will show up.This is have something to do with Chrome in general,it's not Slimjet exclusive.
That does not work. It just highlights the word I double-click on. I have a bookmarklet that will show me the whole hostname, so I guess I have to use that. I think that behaviour must be somewhat Slimjet exclusive, since Opera, which is also built from chromium source code, does not hide the prefix.

goldensun87

Post by goldensun87 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:16 am

I also do not like the beginning of the url being hidden by default. Is there any way to disable/change this in config?

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:12 pm

Anonymosity wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:54 pm
CrockPot wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:27 pm
That does not work. It just highlights the word I double-click on. I have a bookmarklet that will show me the whole hostname, so I guess I have to use that. I think that behaviour must be somewhat Slimjet exclusive, since Opera, which is also built from chromium source code, does not hide the prefix.
Clicking twice does work, either slow your click or click to the right on the end, not ON an actual word within the field.