chrome extension is constantly hiding itself

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
lalagida

chrome extension is constantly hiding itself

Post by lalagida »

I have a few extensions installed in my sj browser but for some unknown reason(if any) whenever I restart my computer, the extension bar always show only one extension(ublock origin) in the list and hide everything else, so I have to manually drag it back to the bar.

not too big a hassle to me but still its a bit annoying, since I haven't experienced this on google chrome.

why is it so and how can I solve this?

oftentired

Re: chrome extension is constantly hiding itself

Post by oftentired »

I'm not familiar with manually dragging an extension.

If the extension is enabled (and has no built in control to hide or show itself which you can toggle) than it should always be shown. If it is not enabled it should not be shown.

Perhaps you are asking about the toolbar icons such Home and Quickfill?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

lalagida

Post by lalagida »

https://imgur.com/a/DHKsOs9

I usually place two extensions in the bar as shown in the pic so i can easily change the settings, toggle them on/off , and hide the rest so it won't needlessly consume too much space. but like I said whenever I restart windows, open the browser it shows only ublock origin(left one)

it is weird I didnt do anything to it but it spontaneously hides itself from the bar so the right one just disappear(still enabled)

I am running the latest version(21.0.8.0) 32bit on windows 7

I tested on google chrome and it works just as expected. I don't know what I did wrong

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

If you click the little black arrow there, then Customize toolbar, can you fix it in there?

lalagida

Post by lalagida »

what it does is just to show the built-in slimjet plugins list and activate/deactivate each one of it. they have nothing to do with chrome extension...

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Can you right click on an extension icon & find an option there to show or keep in toolbar? Also, if you mouse over the empty space after the little black arrow, a double white arrow appears. Drag that to the left & any hidden icons will appear.

lalagida

Post by lalagida »

no, mate. there's an option to show/hide extension in the context menu I already tried it, it works as normal but only while the computer is on, whenever i reboot my pc it occurs again. double white arrow for resizing works as well , so I guess the problem is not about how to get it shown but how to keep the status intact.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

lalagida wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:04 pm
https://imgur.com/a/DHKsOs9

I usually place two extensions in the bar as shown in the pic so i can easily change the settings, toggle them on/off , and hide the rest so it won't needlessly consume too much space. but like I said whenever I restart windows, open the browser it shows only ublock origin(left one)
Looking at the picture I see Translate and Invert Colors. Are those the 2 you are asking about?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11