[Fixed] Crash when creating new folder in bookmarks

Slimjet bug reports
seregadushka

[Fixed] Crash when creating new folder in bookmarks

Post by seregadushka »

Crash by creating new folder in bookmarks and quick add new page (Slimjet 2.0 x64 Win 10)

jeffhere

Re: Crash by creating new folder in bookmarks

Post by jeffhere »

I added a folder in the bookmark bar (just right click, add folder).

I added a folder in the bookmark manager, somewhere else than the bookmark bar.

All worked fine, no crashes. W7, 64bit

Is there a different way you added a folder? or maybe something different with W10, since it is not even a beta yet - its just a "preview" and can be very bug ridden?

Also try doing the same in Chrome itself (ver 38 or later) and see if problem exists...we should ensure its not the OS first...yes?

seregadushka

Post by seregadushka »

I added folder+page to bookmark panel on left side. I do it slowly-- all OK. It is were 2 times. Problem is there , but SlimJet is very fine soft

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

Tried from the bookmark sidebar multiple times, no problems again. I did not try at first since I don't normally use it.....

It's always good when reporting issues to provide steps to duplicate, along with OS (as you did on this) and other info.

I'd suspect an issue w W10 since it worked fine for me, do you have a stable Windows to test on? If so, do so....

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Can you provide a crash dump file? Refer to the sticky post in this board regarding how to locate it.
seregadushka wrote:Crash by creating new folder in bookmarks and quick add new page (Slimjet 2.0 x64 Win 10)
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

seregadushka

Post by seregadushka »

I have no folder "Crash Reports" in chrome://open_profile_folder . I will wait crash :^)

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

In that case, can you provide a specific sequence of operations to reproduce the crash?
seregadushka wrote:I have no folder "Crash Reports" in chrome://open_profile_folder . I will wait crash :^)
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

seregadushka

Post by seregadushka »

ОK . Now simple creating 1 folder (on russian language) in Bookmark left-side panel -- crash. Crach Report folder not exist. Second time after crash all OK

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

As mentioned, you really need to check with a stable OS like W7 or even WXP. W10 is a preview and bug-ridden. I believe if it fails for you in a stable OS, then the author could investigate...but if all ok in W7 (example) then a current non issue.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Slimjet might have some trouble automatically creating the "Crash Reports" folder. Can you manually create the "Crash Reports" folder and try reproducing the crash again? It should generate the dump file correctly after that.

seregadushka wrote:ОK . Now simple creating 1 folder (on russian language) in Bookmark left-side panel -- crash. Crach Report folder not exist. Second time after crash all OK
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.