How do I disable photo salon

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
8chBlink

How do I disable photo salon

Post by 8chBlink »

This is really poor design, and I have been unable to find a way to completely disable it.

When I select a file to upload somewhere, I don't want any kind of third party pop-up intercepting that file and I should not have to use a "temporary disable" key combo every time I want to upload an image. This was not an issue in previous versions but I've just done a completely fresh reinstall (only carried over bookmarks) and now I can't get rid of the damn thing even though I disabled stuff under image processing in the options.

oftentired

Re: How do I disable photo salon

Post by oftentired »

in that same place in Settings, click the photo shrinking settings button and remove any websites from the list of domains for automatic shrink
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

8chBlink

Post by 8chBlink »

I have no web sites listed, this is a fresh install

I still get the third party popup window when I try to upload stuff in some cases. For example using Tweetdeck for Twitter.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

I would like to know if there is a way to disable photo salon. Don´t see anywhere to upload 2 attachments, but I have photo processing disabled and I don´t have anything in domains to apply automatic photo shrinking.
Thanks.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Go to settings
type photo into the search area
move the slider to the left to turn it off
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

I did that but when I post a photo in facebook it still comes photo popup window.
Thanks.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

josegimcam wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:06 am
I did that but when I post a photo in facebook it still comes photo popup window.
Thanks.
Your problem then is with Facebook instead of Slimjet. Click this link for more information.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

Ok. Thanks.
What I don´t understand is why, because if I use Firefox (Slimjet is my default browser) this does not happen. You´re going to say that is because Slimjet has photo salon and that´s why it triggers it. Right?. I have not tried with another site because I don´t use them.
Thanks.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Some days are better than others.

This originally is a Slimbrowser related topic.

Are you using Slimbrowser or Slimjet? Slimjet does not have Photo Salon. It has photo shrinking which you can turn off as I described previously. If your running Slimbrowser you can go to Tools>Options>Photo Processing and and turn off Photo Salon.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

I´m using slimjet 19.0.9 and it has photo processing which is disabled.
Thanks.