Flash player 19.0.2.0 Getting BORING

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
sleeper10

Re: Flash player 19.0.2.0 Getting BORING

Post by sleeper10 »

Do the sites stay in 'Content Settings allowed' or get erased when browser closes :?: If erased, try entering them manually in Settings & click Done to save. But, you probably already did that.

BillLite

Post by BillLite »

Yes they stay session to session in the Content settings for Flash

AND>> these sites that come with Slimjet that are in the Flash 'allowed' list keep coming back after I delete them. What is with that?
I have never heard of them before seeing them in Slimjet's Flash allowed setting.
Ever heard of:
sina.com.cn, cctv.com, ifeng.com, le.com, letv.com, pptv.com, sohu.com ?
EDIT
{A further check reveals that ALL of them are Orient based URL's. It really sucks that Slimjet allows this crap, and keeps them coming back! and won't use MY Flash allow settings!}
END EDIT

And if I delete them from the list they reappear next session. I am beginning to get more than frustrated!

They aren't in the Chrome version for Flash allowed settings. In fact NOTHING is an the Chrome Flash settings, but the Flash sites I go to do work.

But I WILL NOT use Chrome! Just paranoid I guess.

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Yeah, I noticed that some sites come back after being deleted. Not sure why, but probably nothing to worry about.

In Adobe Global Settings, I have both 'Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer' & 'Store common Flash components to reduce download times' checked. Not sure it has anything to do with this problem, but you can check. Other than that, I have no further clue.

BillLite

Post by BillLite »

OK! Thanks for your responses, and your time.
I will look at the Global Adobe settings to see if I can effect the needed changes to make it persistent.
Those 'recurring' Oriental sites are probably hard coded in the Slimjet execution code. I haven't checked the Windows version yet, but I will.

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

BillLite wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm
Those 'recurring' Oriental sites are probably hard coded in the Slimjet execution code. I haven't checked the Windows version yet, but I will.
It is the same with 19.0.4 on Windows. It seems to be that they are hard coded. :(
Windows 7 x64, latest Slimjet x64, "strict site isolation" flag is enabled

Fish David B. Trout

Post by Fish David B. Trout »

BillLite wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:31 pm
Yes they stay session to session in the Content settings for Flash

AND>> these sites that come with Slimjet that are in the Flash 'allowed' list keep coming back after I delete them. What is with that?
I have never heard of them before seeing them in Slimjet's Flash allowed setting.
Ever heard of:
sina.com.cn, cctv.com, ifeng.com, le.com, letv.com, pptv.com, sohu.com ?
EDIT
{A further check reveals that ALL of them are Orient based URL's. It really sucks that Slimjet allows this crap, and keeps them coming back! and won't use MY Flash allow settings!}
END EDIT

And if I delete them from the list they reappear next session. I am beginning to get more than frustrated!

They aren't in the Chrome version for Flash allowed settings. In fact NOTHING is an the Chrome Flash settings, but the Flash sites I go to do work.

But I WILL NOT use Chrome! Just paranoid I guess.
Well Bill, I too at one time did not trust Google (Chrome), which is why I switched to SlimJet in the first place.

BUT you know what? if SlimJet is going to add a bunch of CHINESE domains to my Flash "Allow" list, regardless of my wishes (i.e. keeps putting them back even after I remove them), then you know what?

For them to purposely code their browser to behave that way is MUCH WORSE (in my opinion) than the privacy invasiveness of Google Chrome.

To me, this is a SECURITY ISSUE.

I'll stick with Chrome from now on. SlimJet really blew it with this issue.

They will NEVER AGAIN see the light of day on my system because of this issue.

They are HISTORY.

Gone.

FOREVER!
Last edited by oftentired on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed the hate

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Populated trusted sites. I don't see this as a problem. If the sites were malware sites it would be a problem. But, I used virus total to scan the first 2 listed. No problems.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

It will soon be a moot point anyway. Flash is being phased out. Sites I visit that used to use Flash are now using HTML5.