Upgrade to 19 and Crashes Every Time

Slimjet bug reports
jeffhere

Upgrade to 19 and Crashes Every Time

Post by jeffhere »

Just upgraded to slim 19 (from the update notification) and when restarted, instant crash EVERY time. When started, in about 5-8 seconds it crashes. I don't even have time to fill out the crash report! Can't do anything with slim, now.

I rebooted, etc...running pretty standard W7 64 bit. Never had a problem prior.

Have to use a different chrome browser just to report this!

I'd call this urgent. help!!!!

jeffhere

Re: Upgrade to 19 and Crashes Every Time

Post by jeffhere »

tried downgrade to 18 (.5 last version I had), same thing now....crash in about 6 seconds. EVERY TIME.

tried looking for running slim is a safe mode but could not find anything...thought we could?

Anyway, will run on another browser till this one works again!!

Will check back regularly for suggestions/solution.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

nothing i tried worked (i wouldn't even have time to disable extensions, complete the crash report, etc!! 6 seconds.....so i fully removed it and installed the portable version and at least it's working now. yea! Have a lot of rebuilding to do, but it is almost done.

just thought to report back...has anyone else had similar?

my W7 64bit is always updated...

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

If you have not completely deleted the User Profile from the installation you got rid of you should be able to recover the crash dump file and send it in to the developer. See the topic linked below.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=98
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

daisydoll

Post by daisydoll »

i upgraded to SJ 19 by uninstalling SJ18 but keeping user data as it is when asked by uninstaller.Then i downloaded the SJ19 beta windows installer from official website and installed it and TADA.. Everything is working perfectly,All my settings and user data and extensions and all are still there and working smoothly.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

oftentired wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:23 pm
If you have not completely deleted the User Profile from the installation you got rid of you should be able to recover the crash dump file and send it in to the developer. See the topic linked below.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=98
too late, saw it later when purveying 'damage' but decided to just redo all from scratch.....!!

It's odd, since this is the first time *this* type of issue occurred with me (where the update push from sj got me in trouble), I've done same since that, versions a couple of years old now! Also, updated on similar laptop 2 days ago and all was fine on that update.

Philoudu94

Post by Philoudu94 »

Same problem for one of my 2 PC, and not for the other PC. My tow PC are under Win10 64bit. I have to uninstall and re-install Slimjet 18 (impossible to install ver 19)
My solution: downlosd Offline Installer (48.52Mo), backup Slimjet via Hekasoft Backup & Restore http://www.hekasoft.com/ (free), re-install Slimjet, and restore via Hekasoft Backup & Restore.
Même problème récurrent pour un de mes 2 ordinateurs sous win10 64bit, et pas pour l'autre. Je dois désinstaller Slimjet complètement, et réinstaller la version 18, car impossible d'installer la nouvelle version 19.
Ma solution: télécharger Installeur Horligne (48,52Mo), sauvegarder la configuration de Slimjet via Hekasoft Backup & Restore, réinstaller Slimjet et restaurer la config via Hekasoft Backup & Restore.
Merci pour vos réponses

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

weird it's just us too, so far....newer version (like 0.1 and 0.2 out today) auto updated ok,,,