Download manager

Slimjet bug reports
zenzenati

Download manager

Post by zenzenati »

I am using SlimJet 18.0.50 on a windows 7 machine and I noticed that SJ download manager does not respond to "Enter" command to sart a download. In other words, I have to click the "Download" button with the mouse for it to start downloading. Thank you for this great browser.

oftentired

Re: Download manager

Post by oftentired »

Are you using the download process that comes built-in with the Blink engine or are you using the turbocharged download manager added to Slimjet which is unique to Slimjet?

Also, have you previously been able to start a download by pressing the Enter key?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

zenzenati

Post by zenzenati »

I am using the turbocharged download manager and the download button on the download dialogue box has never responded to the "Enter" key since I began using SlimJet; All previous versions had the same problem. Like I explained before, I always have to click the download button with the mouse. All other download managers that I know of default to the download button, so when you press the enter key the file download starts without having to click with a mouse. I don't know if this is a bug in the turbocharged download manager or it is designed that way. Thanks

zenzenati

Post by zenzenati »

The Download Confirmation dialogue is still not responding to the Enter key to start the download. I still have to use the mouse to click on the Download button. I thought this bug would be fixed in version 19 but I guess it is a hard fix! Or no body is listening

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

It sounds like the download manager does not conclude (or include) the focus on the start "Download" button. You may be able to resolve this by figuring out how many times you should press the Tab key to relocate the focus to that button, it may just take one hit it may take 2 or 3. If the focus is beyond the button you want you may have to press back arrow or Shift+Tab to move the focus back to the button.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

zenzenati

Post by zenzenati »

It takes 6 Tab presses to bring focus to the Download button. It's faster to click by mouse, but thanks anyway for your response

zenzenati

Post by zenzenati »

Version after version and there is no fix yet. How hard is it to highlight the Download button instead of the URL in the Download Dialogue box!

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

zenzenati wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:25 pm
It takes 6 Tab presses to bring focus to the Download button. It's faster to click by mouse, but thanks anyway for your response
You could turn of download confirmation and avoid having to Ok it.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

zenzenati

Post by zenzenati »

There is a reason I have the confirmation dialogue on; I need to rename some of the files I am downloading so I know what they are.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

That makes sense. I did a lot of that at one time.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11