SlimJet is reported as a threat

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
r.purnama83

SlimJet is reported as a threat

Post by r.purnama83 »

The recent release of SlimJet I downloaded is always reported as a threat by Avast AntiVirus, specifically "sjtsetup_x86.exe".. I've tried to download SimJet over and over, but the result is still as previous.
Can anybody give me the solution?

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: SlimJet is reported as a threat

Post by flashpeak »

Slimjet is clean. It's just a false alarm from Avast since Slimjet is pretty new and some AV software make mistakes from time to time. Please report the false alarm to AVAST via the following link: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php . Mention the download link of Slimjet: http://www.slimjet.com/beta/sjtsetup_x86.exe
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I suggest AVAST! users become proactive with this issue and place the Slimjet execution file on the AV allowed list.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

djg14

Post by djg14 »

oftentired wrote:I suggest AVAST! users become proactive with this issue and place the Slimjet execution file on the AV allowed list.
I think this is down to the developer to submit it to the AV companies. On Virustotal one or two other scanners are finding it suspicious. I don't know enough to make a judgement so until it scans clean I will stay away from this browser.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I believe Slimjet is no longer detected as threat by Avast now. If you still get the warning, please update your virus definition to the latest version.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

djg14

Post by djg14 »

flashpeak wrote:I believe Slimjet is no longer detected as threat by Avast now. If you still get the warning, please update your virus definition to the latest version.
Thank you for that. I can confirm it is now passed by Avast.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I can't believe that Avast just starts to throw false positive on Slimjet.exe again. We are reporting it to Avast. Will post back once they have resolved the issue again. Can't really trust these guys to do things right.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Using virustotal It came up positive on the installation file for me a couple days ago.

Today using virustotal both the installation file and the program execution file are coming up clean.

go figure?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Scribe_uk

Post by Scribe_uk »

flashpeak wrote:I can't believe that Avast just starts to throw false positive on Slimjet.exe again. We are reporting it to Avast. Will post back once they have resolved the issue again. Can't really trust these guys to do things right.
Hmmm, Given the trouble I've had with Avast quarantining SJ, I think I'll wait until you confirm that it's OK again, before attempting to run it.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I'd have to agree with oftentired on this. Users should be more proactive on this and help submit the samples to Avast as well. We already did it ourselves. Even more people submit Slimjet as false positive, that should help give the sleepy Avast guys a wake-up call.

If we had the muscles like Microsoft and Google, we would want to sue Avast for damage to our reputation. Oh, I guess there would be no need to. The Avast guys would blame their own sleepy eyes automatically if they somehow detect a virus in a Microsoft product.

If you have trust with our product, you can simply set an exclusion for Slimjet in Avast user interface. Nowadays, AV software becomes more nasty and deletes suspects automatically without giving users choice to override and add exceptions. If you want to add an exception, you will have to find it very hard in an unnoticeable corner of the software. For Avast, it's in Settings->Antivirus->Exclusion. Just add the path of Slimjet.exe to the list of exclusions.
Scribe_uk wrote:Hmmm, Given the trouble I've had with Avast quarantining SJ, I think I'll wait until you confirm that it's OK again, before attempting to run it.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.