favorite folder - Where is? _

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
nikolaus

favorite folder - Where is? _

Post by nikolaus »

Hi, how can I find the favorite folder? thank you :?

sleeper10

Re: favorite folder - Where is? _

Post by sleeper10 »

You mean Bookmarks? Click the gear icon upper right corner. Bookmarks are listed there along with 'Show bookmarks bar' & 'Bookmark manager'.

nikolaus

Post by nikolaus »

Hi, I mean only the favorites folder.
Where do I find in my sthe whole "favorite" folder in my pc? Thanks

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

The bookmarks (called such in Chrome vs. "favorites" in IE) are contained in an html file, not folders (afaik).

You can actually generate an output file of all your bookmarks as an html file anywhere you want. You can also import html files of any bookmark set. Right click on the bookmarks bar, select bookmarks manager and test...or as Sleeper10 suggests, through the gear icon.

nikolaus

Post by nikolaus »

My problem is that I have a hundred links and I wanted to enclose them in a single folder like for internet explorer.
Thanks anyway for answering me

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Put your bookmarks in folders:
On your computer, open Slimjet.
At the top right, click the gear icon, then Bookmarks & Bookmark Manager.
At the top right, click the 3 dots (Organize), then Add New Folder.

If you're trying to import your IE Favs to Slimjet, just click the gear icon, Bookmarks, Import bookmarks and settings.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

There will not be a folder as he/she might expect, like in IE with Windows where there is an actual folder created to view in Windows File Manager/Explorer, etc...

not sure if asking for where a folder exists in the PC (none) or how to create a folder in Slimjet (as Sleeper10 instructed)....

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

jeffhere wrote:There will not be a folder as he/she might expect, like in IE with Windows where there is an actual folder created to view in Windows File Manager/Explorer, etc...

not sure if asking for where a folder exists in the PC (none) or how to create a folder in Slimjet (as Sleeper10 instructed)....
I'm not sure what he's asking either, but I think we answered him in a round about way. :lol:

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

nikolaus wrote:Hi, how can I find the favorite folder? thank you :?
Chrome browsers do not maintain bookmarks the same way IE does in a folder filled with favorites
It maintains two files, one called Bookmarks and one called Bookmarks.bak
In a typical Slimjet installation you can find these 2 files in this location
C:\Users\ [YOUR LOGGED IN USER NAME] \AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\Default

The files are in HTML format, you can view them in notepad or a wordproccesor that is capable of handling html
I would not save Bookmark to this location or delete from this location unless your browser is CLOSED
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11