"Other Search Engines"

Slimjet bug reports
ericrose

"Other Search Engines"

Post by ericrose »

The earlier method explained how to use "Other Search Engines" doesn't work with the newest version of Slimjet (14.0.0.) When adding one search engine ("Make default"), one simultaneously disappears from the standard engines; so as I happened to delete two of the standard engines, I now can't have more than two engines at one time, whichever they were. Is there any way to correct this?

temp_account

Re: "Other Search Engines"

Post by temp_account »

I have tested the portable beta version 14.0.1.0 (x64 on Windows 7) and it's possible to have 7 search engines simultaneously, but not more than 7. This limit doesn't exist with 13.0.9.0 (installer version).
Windows 7 x64, latest Slimjet x64, "strict site isolation" flag is enabled

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

Sorry, my post before is not correct. It's not possible to have more than two 'other search engines' with Slimjet 14.0.2.0!
Last edited by temp_account on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I am not sure what you mean. The "Other search engines" are automatically extracted from the sites that you visited. Once you make it default, it will disappear from the "Other search engines" list and become available as a choice in the combo box. This operation is not reversible. Why do you care how many search engines you have under the "Other list"?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

Thank you very much for your reply!

Slimjet 14.0.x.0 is moving down all 'other search engines' (except two, sometimes one) from the 'standard search engines' field to the 'other search engines' field by itself (again and again).

Edit:
This issue persists also with 14.0.3.0. If all predefined search engines are deleted and replaced with customized ('other') search engines, only one is list in the search combo box (the last which was marked as default).

Edit 2:
Persists with 14.0.4.0 (32 & 64 bit), but I found out, that this issue is also with other browsers which are based on chromium v57+

Vivaldi doesn't use the chromium default settings UI:

Code: Select all

chrome://settings/searchEngines
It use its own UI for its search engines and its search combo box, which doesn't have this issue.

Code: Select all

vivaldi://settings/search/
Last edited by temp_account on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

temp_account

[SOLVED with 14.0.6.0] "Other Search Engines"

Post by temp_account »

SOLVED with 14.0.6.0

Thank you very much, flashpeak!