Google removes Plugin controls from Chrome 57

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.

oftentired

Re: Google removes Plugin controls from Chrome 57

Post by oftentired »

That sounds bad for the user.

I think the author of the article fails to understand something when he writes this, "Google is removing control over plugins from the web browser, and is rightfully criticized for making that decision as it is anything but user friendly. Let us hope that Vivaldi and Opera won't follow Chrome's example."

That quote brings the assumption that browsers making use of the chromium engine (Vivaldi, Opera, Slimjet) have control over this as if it is code written by the developers of Vivaldi and Opera placed on top of the base chromium engine being changed instead of the engine itself. I'm thinking that is erroneous.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Re: Google removes Plugin controls from Chrome 57

Post by dev »

the coders at opera and vivaldi (old ceo from opera) are highly skilled and tho based off blink chromium they are very different to chrome so i think the author is saying he hopes they just don't follow suit and take the easy route