Move Bookmark Sidebar.

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
BudChekov

Move Bookmark Sidebar.

Post by BudChekov »

Hi All,

Setting up Version 12.0.6.0 (based on Chromium 53.0.2785.89)

Any way to move it from the Left to the Right?

Cheers,

Bud,

RBTB2605

Re: Move Bookmark Sidebar.

Post by RBTB2605 »

The short answer is no.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

shorter answer; no
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

BudChekov

Post by BudChekov »

Hmm, oh well, seems like a pretty basic requirement, not everyone's right handed.
Very slick browser by the way, thanks for the responses :)

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

As is normal for chromium based browser there is hope for almost every problematic thing. You can likely find an extension that will place the side panel on the right for you. It won't be the native side panel, but it should work just fine.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

I have gotten quite used to an extension called "Tidy Bookmarks Tree Lite" and even though it does not stay open and docked, it is pretty nice and it also has several nice options that will allow it to stay open when you click on bookmarks in it, etc. It of course only will be on the right side since there is no way to move an extension such as this to the left side (which is where I want it ! LOL ). Get it from the Chrome Store and give it a try.

BudChekov

Post by BudChekov »

RBTB2605 wrote: "Tidy Bookmarks Tree Lite" .... Get it from the Chrome Store and give it a try.
I've tried that and the other two sidebar extensions, IMO all are awful, particularly that one with the separate 'floating' window sidebar.
Can't be that difficult to incorporate as an option, without naming names a couple of other Chrome based browsers have simple L/R sidebar options.
Anyhooo... on the left's not a deal breaker, thanks all...

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Well like you, I was always VERY attached to my bookmarks side panel that I could keep docked open on the left side of my browser window. I had been a Firefox junkie for many years and they have an excellent bookmarks side panel that really is second to none. So discovering Slimjet some time ago and being aware that it had a bookmarks side panel plus the speed of a Chromium based browser made me very happy. However, Slimjet is fast and good and all of that, but I cannot use it as my default due to constant stability issues.

So wanting to stay in the Chromium family, I have also been using Opera with the V7 Bookmarks side panel that works quite well. Obviously, none of these browsers have the option to dock a bookmarks side panel on the side that you wish to.

So, still wanting to run a browser with speed that will sync my bookmarks up with the bookmarks in Chrome on my Android phone, I am back to using Chrome 64bit with the extension that I mentioned above and now after a couple weeks or so of using it, I am used to having the extra screen space on the left side that was taken up by the bookmarks side panel that I always had open. The native bookmarks system in Chrome is unacceptable to me and Tidy Bookmarks Tree Lite at least for me is a great alternative that allows me quicker reference to my many bookmarked sites that are all organized into categorized folders.