Can I Hide The "Download Video" Button On Youtube?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Killer7007

Re: Can I Hide The "Download Video" Button On Youtube?

Post by Killer7007 »

thanks for the answers but I was simply hoping there was a built in option to disable the button, it does kinda bother me to have a weird button I'm not used to on such a familiar website such as youtube, besides there's already a download button on the address bar itself so I think removing this big button (or at least an option) would only improve the UI itself.

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

Don't know if this is still valid but it was posted in 2012 on the YouTube help forum:

"The only download button on YouTube is the one for downloading your own videos from your video manager, other users do not have access to that, so there is no disable as there is no need for it. However if other users have software that allows them to perform illegal downloads, there is no way to stop that. If you somehow find that someone has illegally downloaded your videos you can take legal action against them."

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Probably if you remove the file biscripts/youtubevideo.jsc under the installation folder, that will remove the button.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

Killer7007

Post by Killer7007 »

flashpeak wrote:Probably if you remove the file biscripts/youtubevideo.jsc under the installation folder, that will remove the button.
Thanks mate it worked!