Can I Hide The "Download Video" Button On Youtube?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Killer7007

Can I Hide The "Download Video" Button On Youtube?

Post by Killer7007 »

Hi there, I just downloaded Slimjet to try it out and I would like to know if what I ask in the title is possible. Thanks!

oftentired

Re: Can I Hide The "Download Video" Button On Youtube?

Post by oftentired »

Welcome to Slimjet,

I have not seen or found a user toggle for this behaviour.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Killer7007

Post by Killer7007 »

I see, well thanks for the answer.

dev

Post by dev »

try blocking as a element within the default adblocker or a external ad blocker depending on what you use

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

Try installing Flash Block Plus...it will block video downloads unless you click the enable button on the "F" display..

Works for me:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nfo-dialog

dev

Post by dev »

cwm4bama wrote:Try installing Flash Block Plus...it will block video downloads unless you click the enable button on the "F" display..

Works for me:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nfo-dialog
A bit drastic just to block a small icon tbh , any chance of a screenshot showing it ?

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

Dev, best you just try it....it is easily installed and easily removed if you don't like it...

dev

Post by dev »

cwm4bama wrote:Dev, best you just try it....it is easily installed and easily removed if you don't like it...
it works for you which is great but doesn't do nothing for me which i knew it wouldn't as i don't use flash anymore and looking at the reviews most people say it doesn't work but moreso it doesn't remove the download icon which is provided by the inbuilt youtube downloader in slimjet.
i can see from screenshots that it blocks the iframe of flash content which as i said before that's a bit drastic for blocking a small icon to me :)

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

I guess the question is why do you want to block a icon (button) that does nothing unless you click on it...are you, or someone, accidently clicking the icon?? There's a million icons on various web sites so why does this particular one bother you??

:?:

dev

Post by dev »

cwm4bama wrote:I guess the question is why do you want to block a icon (button) that does nothing unless you click on it...are you, or someone, accidently clicking the icon?? There's a million icons on various web sites so why does this particular one bother you??

:?:

One..it doesn't bother me i didn't ask the question the op ( Killer7007) did, two... i actually use the button/downloader. All i've pointed out for the op is why bother installing a extension that really has nothing to do with blocking a page element, a icon in this instance and which for me and lots of other people doesn't work at all in what its suppose to do which is actually block flash content when he/she can just right click on the icon and block that element with the inbuilt ad blocker or a external ad blocker. Like i said if that extension works for you and blocks the icon as well that's great and the op may choose that method to do that.....the question ought be why didn't the developers add that option into settings ? One good reason amongst others being a lot of people run a theme on youtube like youtube darker etc so on a big monitor the site isn't glaring in their face but because the button/icon is added by a external source the theme doesn't catch it so it ends up being one big glaring white button sitting under the player.