64bit crashes when clicking links in the bookmarks bar

Slimjet bug reports
RBTB2605

64bit crashes when clicking links in the bookmarks bar

Post by RBTB2605 »

Several times a day Slimjet 11.0.4 64bit crashes on me when I click on a link in the bookmarks bar. I typically only have a few tabs open when this happens. I always (well most of the time) submit a crash report when I open the browser again. Has anyone else experienced this behavior ? I am thinking about doing a complete uninstall and then maybe trying the 32bit version on my system to see if the same bug presents itself to me using that version.

RBTB2605

Re: Ongoing crashes when clicking links in the bookmarks bar

Post by RBTB2605 »

I am back to playing around with Opera. Slimjet is great and I really want to use it all the time, but it gets annoying when the crashes happen just by me clicking on another site that I wish to visit. Opera is about as fast for me as Slimjet and doesn't crash. I did total uninstall of Slimjet using Revo uninstaller and rebooted my system, etc before installing the 32bit version and the crashing still occurred on that. Maybe an extension is the cause ? But I run very few extensions.

dev

Post by dev »

yep i've had it in the 64bit , 32bit seems fine tho i haven't used it as much as the 64bit. Like you say it happens with just a few tabs open but i also get it happen if click on tab to reopen it

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

dev wrote:yep i've had it in the 64bit , 32bit seems fine tho i haven't used it as much as the 64bit. Like you say it happens with just a few tabs open but i also get it happen if click on tab to reopen it
Interesting. So it is not just me. I really only have three or four tabs open at a time. As I type this, this site is tab #4.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Similar behavior here too. x64, .deb linux.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

I utilize the bookmarks bar in such a way that the bookmarks side panel that I keep docked open actually is part of that bar because everything fits in it better that way and also I sync my bookmarks to two other browsers using XMarks. So across the top of my browser window I have individual sites that are not in folders that I visit very often. Next comes the folders that are all organized into categories. I do not use the "Other bookmarks" folder at all. I wish that there was a way that I could get rid of "Other bookmarks" completely and to also customize the bookmarks side panel in more ways. Firefox continues to have the best , well organized side panel and I am wishing some day that the Slimjet people can get the one that we have in Slimjet modeled more after the one in Firefox.

BUT, with all of that being said, the bug that we are experiencing still persists and one never knows when it is going to happen or exactly what triggers it. I am just dealing with it for now because Slimjet is the fastest damn browser that I have used and I just plain like it anyway. There is no denying that.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

> I wish that there was a way that I could get rid of "Other bookmarks" completely

Simply empty it, and it won't show. I created an "All" folder that I put dead storage into. It takes up minimal space on the BM bar.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

paul1149 wrote:> I wish that there was a way that I could get rid of "Other bookmarks" completely

Simply empty it, and it won't show......
Well how about that ! Thank you sir !

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

That's just the way I felt when I discovered it. A simple workaround for google's intransigence. :)

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Getting back to the bookmark clicking/crashing the browser problem... I have discovered that the bug only seems to exist on my computer using Slimjet 64bit version. I am on the 32bit latest release now and there has been no repeat at all of this behavior.