Help Slimjet Grow

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
PietRada

Re: Help Slimjet Grow

Post by PietRada »

Don´t know also it helps, but I´ll give the reasons why, I, a many-years Srware IRON user, changed to slimjet.

Tracking Prevention options: nowhere seen before
Password Quickfill integration: perfect
Cache folder settings: decent setting
Privacy and Cleaning: fine.
Compatibability: chrome-extensions!
Gif-animation control . . .
and many other which i don't need but nice to know.

How did i find Slimjet: by change in a discussion thread on the Iron-forum; thus indeed how to promote?? At least: will donate for this fine piece of software.

slim.moe

Post by slim.moe »

Just a suggestion: I think more people would use the browser if the Chrome version is updated more frequently, since that is what's required for a web browser these days.
Last edited by slim.moe on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Thanks for sharing the information. I guess it is probably not a good idea to go promoting Slimjet in a competitor's forum, though.
PietRada wrote:Don´t know also it helps, but I´ll give the reasons why, I, a many-years Srware IRON user, changed to slimjet.

Tracking Prevention options: nowhere seen before
Password Quickfill integration: perfect
Cache folder settings: decent setting
Privacy and Cleaning: fine.
Compatibability: chrome-extensions!
Gif-animation control . . .
and many other which i don't need but nice to know.

How did i find Slimjet: by change in a discussion thread on the Iron-forum; thus indeed how to promote?? At least: will donate for this fine piece of software.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

mikepaul

Post by mikepaul »

Been using SlimJet browser now for few months ,Basically half memory compared to
Firefox and Chrome ,Also just a really nice browser
with lots of customizations etc.
http://www.ghacks.net/2016/10/09/chrome ... rovements/

michaelbeijer

Post by michaelbeijer »

Only a small mention (by yours truly), but a mention nonetheless: http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_re ... e_etc.html (last post on first page)

Michael

gaissbauer

Post by gaissbauer »

I am self employed IT admin and since I tried it myself all my costumers get SlimJet preinstalled by me with the recommendation to donate for your good work. In my opinion SlimJet is the best browser that currently exists.

MiqW7394

Post by MiqW7394 »

Afternoon, all. Just thought I'd add my two-penn'orth here.

SlimJet is well-known on the Puppy Linux forums, and in the Puppy Linux world in general. Being as how it's far lighter on resources than Chrome/Chromium, it fits in well with Puppy's lightweight, minimalist ethos, which is that of keeping elderly hardware useful & productive.

A colleague on the Puppy Forum introduced me to it nearly 18 months ago, initially the 32-bit version. I enjoyed it so much (being a very long-term Chrome user - basically since beta in Autumn 2008), that when I started using the still fairly new 64-bit Puppies, I developed a 64-bit .pet package for Pup.....and ever since, have been updating the packages for Puppians on a regular basis. And with the recent addition of the WideVine modules (and the h.264 codec and libffmpeg - yay!) for NetFlix et al, it's now my personal 32-bit Chrome replacement, since Google dropped 32-bit Linux support early last year

I also publicise SlimJet wherever I can, and introduced the BleepingComputer Linux membership to it around a year ago. It's a brilliant browser; keep up the good work.....it's very, very much appreciated!

Mike. ;)

ahmed111

Post by ahmed111 »

Thanks for the information

shellaterrace

Post by shellaterrace »

I like Slimjet and I will try make good word of mouth about it in other forums.

zach smith

Post by zach smith »

I actually second the previous posts sentiment almost exactly (in reference to chrome usage) and am happy to say I use his .pet on a few of my rigs. I have happily suggested you to the aforementioned contact lists. Really great job guys...I'm impressed.