Bookmark Icons

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
donaldduck

Re: Bookmark Icons

Post by donaldduck »

RBTB2605 wrote:
donaldduck wrote:
RBTB2605 wrote:That final post told me everything. Google does not give a rat's behind what their customers want.

How did Chrome get to be the number one browser? I think it sucks.
Ummm... Slimjet IS Chrome with added features. I do not think that Chrome "sucks". I have always been impressed with the speed of Chrome and Slimjet, for me, has been great. Definitely faster at loading when I open the browser. And it is definitely faster at loading websites than Firefox. I am happy that the Slimjet people have added and kept the bookmark side panel. They have succeeded to provide a decent workable option whereas there are no good extensions for Chrome that work as well. I have been bouncing back and forth between the latest stable release of Opera and Slimjet. But the past few days it has become evident to me that I like Slimjet better.

Well, it sucks if it doesn't have the bookmark sidebar. I still like Slimjet best. The only complaint I have about it is that I can't drag and drop new bookmarks into the sidebar. I'm doing workarounds but it takes a few extra steps. I've been messing with Firefox as a secondary browser and I've managed to get a bm sidebar on it, but I'm not that thrilled with it anyway. I've got a few other browsers in reserve that I haven't really experimented with yet, just in case Slimjet goes south, like it did for me when I updated it to v.11. They are Maxthon, Vivaldi, and Opera Beta.

RBTB2605

Re: Bookmark Icons

Post by RBTB2605 »

Firefox has THE best bookmarks sidebar. It always had. Features great drag and drop and customization features that Slimjet's does not have. If I was able to magically transfer the Firefox bookmarking system and sidebar to Slimjet, then I would have the complete package and be 100% happy instead of being 95% happy now.