Default Browser setting

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
johnlambert

Default Browser setting

Post by johnlambert »

Windows 10 will not set Slimjet as default browser. It doesn't show in the settings and therefore can't be selected. Is there a way around this?

RBTB2605

Re: Default Browser setting

Post by RBTB2605 »

My Widows 10 shows it in the browser list just fine.

dev

Post by dev »

johnlambert wrote:Windows 10 will not set Slimjet as default browser. It doesn't show in the settings and therefore can't be selected. Is there a way around this?
If the default protocol that you wish to change is not available in the Settings app, you can use Control Panel to change the default programs in Windows 10.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

If that doesn't do it for you I would try this:

• Go to Settings by clicking the Gear Icon at the upper right and select Settings from the menu
• Scroll down to Default Browser section
• Click the Repair browser registry settings button, give it a minute or so
• After that restart the browser, it should ask you if you wish to make it default
• If it doesn't, try Settings again scroll down to Default Browser and see if a button has appeared that allows you to set it as default
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

johnlambert

Post by johnlambert »

Thanks to all for your replies and tips. I fixed the problem by reinstalling Slimjet and it's now appearing in the browser list. Now able to make it my default browser. Think Slimjet is great.