i like slimjet but one nagging issue

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Insomniac

i like slimjet but one nagging issue

Post by Insomniac »

i cant access google search nor gmail because of ominous popup. its really irritating and i wish it would just go away! stupid..just stupid. i had to go through the dreaded IE just to gain access.

oftentired

Re: i like slimjet but one nagging issue

Post by oftentired »

This is not normal behaviour. There may be something you have installed or a setting toggled which is causing this behaviour. It is not a known issue. I am going to move this to General forum and sticky it for a few days to see if anyone has a comment that is useful for you. And I will think about it and see if anything more specific comes to mind.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Is the date & time on your pc set correctly? If not, correct it. Also, clear slimjet cache. Let us know if that solves the problem or not.

Insomniac

Post by Insomniac »

greetings to you. the time and date is fine. but i still get error message -on the address bar

i also encountered same error while on IE and UC web browser. very odd.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I would go to Programs and Features and look for any recently installed programs that may have modified browser settings. Anything installed since this problem has surfaced is suspect.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

In Slimjet Settings, go to HTTPS/SSL & check the box 'Allow running https/http mixed mode content'. See if that works.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Are you using XP?
Insomniac wrote:i cant access google search nor gmail because of ominous popup. its really irritating and i wish it would just go away! stupid..just stupid. i had to go through the dreaded IE just to gain access.

Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

palikacska

Post by palikacska »

Works fine under XP with SlimJet version 10.0.7.0.

I think you should double-check date and time, mostly its year part.

LinnyMint

Post by LinnyMint »

I also see this on a few random websites. I'm using 32 bit Slimjet 10.0.7.0 portable on 64 bit Windows 7 Professional. Date and time are correct. I also have the 64 bit portable version as well as both 32 and 64 bit versions of 11.0.1.0 portable, but I haven't tried the problem websites in any of those other versions. If I can remember to do so, the next time I hit that wall, I'll see what happens in those other versions.