Two Questions: Popup and Search

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
fatjames

Two Questions: Popup and Search

Post by fatjames »

1.How does one disable popup blocker?

2. Of what use is this forum's search function when it ignores important words?

dev

Re: Two Questions: Popup and Search

Post by dev »

1 you can't disable the inbuilt pop up blocker in chromium aka slimjet etc if you mean the inbuilt adblocker hit the cog (top right) scroll down to adblocker untick enable adblocker

2 the site search is a bit broken always has been so paste this into a search engine google for instance site:www.slimjet.com/en/forum (then the word/s you're looking for) so site:www.slimjet.com/en/forum pop up blocker

fatjames

Post by fatjames »

1. I guess I figured that out the hard way. I have 1 site from which I cannot download or even view the document w/o disabling the popup blocker. A different browser fixes that. I used to carry 2 browsers for just in case; now it’s 4.

2. Thanx.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Popup Blocker

• go to Settings
• go to Privacy
• click the button, Content Settings
• scroll down to Pop-ups
• select your poison; disable or enable or manage exceptions (if enabled) from the choices

Search

Like a date, sometimes you get what you want and sometimes you don't. I try a couple different words if I can think of them, sometimes I get lucky.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

oftentired wrote:Popup Blocker

• go to Settings
• go to Privacy
• scroll down to Pop-ups
• select your poison; disable or enable or manage exceptions (if enabled) from the choices

Search

Like a date, sometimes you get what you want and sometimes you don't. I try a couple different words if I can think of them, sometimes I get lucky.

Opps my bad on number 1 :) As i use poper blocker extension which and i'm not sure over rides the inbuilt plus grabs everything bad so i tend not to see pop ups but its good for allowing ones which aren't bad or are needed for a site to work sometimes

fatjames

Post by fatjames »

Worked just fine. Thankyou.

fopetesl

Post by fopetesl »

dev wrote:
oftentired wrote:Popup Blocker

• go to Settings
• go to Privacy
• scroll down to Pop-ups
Doesn't work for me. Oddassy - lots of pretty women there :)
I dumped Chrome because it kept crashing and locking up downloading images.
Slimjet works OK except I cannot disable popups, i.e. click on thumbnail to open pic in new tab on imageban fails.
Only way is to right click and open in new tab.

I've been through oftentired's suggestion (thanks) and disabled popup blocker from dropdown for imageban.
Still popups are blocked with the "popup blocked" icon displayed.

Disabling ABP allows popups but then I get all the associated rubbish on pages. :(