java app bug on v10.0.1.0

Slimjet bug reports
twollah1976

java app bug on v10.0.1.0

Post by twollah1976 »

With the new version of Slimjet (10.0.1.0) i have white page on this sides.
http://chat.gyaloglo.hu/php/gochat_bs.php
http://chat.hu/

The Security Warning pop up, i say "Dont Block", then "Run" and next nothing happens only a white, blank window.

minsikau

Re: java app bug on v10.0.1.0

Post by minsikau »

Sorry to also verify all Java working with 9.0.7 is now failing with 10.0.1 new version released.

Java console opens and apprears to start the application but nothing appears on the Browser page where the java should be.
Verified by http://Javatester.org/version.html normally show java operating version in the purple bar in operation with 9.0.7.
Does not show anything in 10.0.1

We appreciate the work you guys do to get stuff working.

Minsik.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Fixed in 10.0.2.0
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

minsikau

Post by minsikau »

Stephen I can report 10.0.2 does work with Java on all sites tried so far.
My devices I can control say thank you Stephen and team.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Unfortunately, we have to break Java again in 10.0.3. the fix we put in 10.0.2 to fix java breaks video playback for many sites. Therefore, we have to remove that fix. We will have to find a fix for Java. It is gonna by hard though. Supporting Java has been made more and more difficult by the recent changes in Chromium project. At one point, we might have to ask users to keep an old version of Slimjet for Java support.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

flashpeak wrote:Unfortunately, we have to break Java again in 10.0.3. the fix we put in 10.0.2 to fix java breaks video playback for many sites. Therefore, we have to remove that fix. We will have to find a fix for Java. It is gonna by hard though. Supporting Java has been made more and more difficult by the recent changes in Chromium project. At one point, we might have to ask users to keep an old version of Slimjet for Java support.
I think this should be included in the What's New Info
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

minsikau

Post by minsikau »

Pity was not mentioned on update information.
10.0.2 does work on Java 10.0.3 does not. More wasted time.
I appreciate so far we have been happy with support from Flashpeak being able to get java running on Slimjet and it was on the cards one day it would come to a stop.

Please indicate in update notes would be appreciated. thanks

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

For the guys who has issues with Java, please type "chrome://cpu" in the address bar and press enter. Paste the GPU information in the thread so that we can debug it.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

dev

Post by dev »

i'm fine just going to say some users may see this This site can’t be reached
The webpage at chrome://cpu/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_URL

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

dev wrote:i'm fine just going to say some users may see this This site can’t be reached
The webpage at chrome://cpu/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_URL
That is what I get
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11