Slimjet 10 Officially released

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
flashpeak
Site Admin

Slimjet 10 Officially released

Post by flashpeak »

10.0.1.0 (5/20/16)

Migrated to Chromium 50 (Yes, Slimjet 10 remains compatible with XP and Vista)
Fixed bugs with QuickFill form filler on some websites.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

danielson

Re: Slimjet 10 Officially released

Post by danielson »

Looking good on ChaletOS!! :D

64bit version.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Slimjet has won my heart and really is now my main "go to" browser. It now just feels right and I thank you for all of your hard work in making this one of the best browsers there is. I am still hoping for more bookmark customizing, but the mere fact that Slimjet does have a bookmarks side panel that I can keep docked and open is a major selling point for me. Thanks again. :D

BillLite

Post by BillLite »

Seems like the last two or three updates to Slimjet are very slow to get going. My start page is a simple, no complex graphics(hardly any actually)search page and it takes over 30 seconds to complete.
Once in a while it won't complete the start page load and gives the ' page took too long to respond' message, and I have to restart to complete. I am starting in incognito BTW.

Is this due to changes that are being made to chromium, Chrome, or Slimjet becasue of the way it has to be set up to work on the older Windows OS's?

TIA
Bill L

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

BillLite wrote:Seems like the last two or three updates to Slimjet are very slow to get going. My start page is a simple, no complex graphics(hardly any actually)search page and it takes over 30 seconds to complete.
Once in a while it won't complete the start page load and gives the ' page took too long to respond' message, and I have to restart to complete. I am starting in incognito BTW.

Is this due to changes that are being made to chromium, Chrome, or Slimjet becasue of the way it has to be set up to work on the older Windows OS's?

TIA
Bill L
This is not likely an issue with Slimjet itself, rather an issue with your user profile being used by Slimjet.

I suggest you try this program. It is a stand-alone and needs to be run as administrater

http://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11